• Start date
  • Tagged users None
taxle

taxle

Looking for some reviews about this bulb, is it really worth the extra money

Tnelz

Tnelz

Looking for some reviews about this bulb, is it really worth the extra money
I can only tell u what I know. I was at the grow more expo last October or November. A friend of mine actually the creator of Truth lighting leds was there with a uv meter. He was testing various metal halide bulbs that were claiming to give off uv. His findings throughout the day were most we giving off very little or even none. We want to the horti t5 setup and they gave off more uv than any mh he tested all day. I saw it with my own eyes. So I'm no expert in lighting but they do at least live up to their claims as to what they give off. Does that make them worth 30 bucks a pop. That depends on the buyer but I'll be buying them to see if they do better than my pure par bulbs from agromax. I do believe they will be superior to any other t5 as their hps and mh seem to be better than any of their competition. Respect bro.

sixstring

sixstring

Never heard of it,anyone got a link ?im always down to testing new bulb setups in my t5 fixtures . My best veg production comes from under my 12 lamp with 6x6500k ,2x2700k and 4x10,000k.but that badboy fixture also overdrives the bulbs a bit or so they say.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Never heard of it,anyone got a link ?im always down to testing new bulb setups in my t5 fixtures . My best veg production comes from under my 12 lamp with 6x6500k ,2x2700k and 4x10,000k.but that badboy fixture also overdrives the bulbs a bit or so they say.
Six just go to hortilux Web site.

S

Seed Buyer

I was under the impression the idea was to use maybe one of these in a 4 light t5 set up and maybe 2 of them in a 8 bank rig.

taxle

taxle

The package they came in said if I was to replace all My bulbs with theses t5s to run my lights 20% less

taxle

taxle

Idk if I would want to run all for flowering, Seeing I think there mostly for vegging. Test flight in progress...

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

I can only tell u what I know. I was at the grow more expo last October or November. A friend of mine actually the creator of Truth lighting leds was there with a uv meter. He was testing various metal halide bulbs that were claiming to give off uv. His findings throughout the day were most we giving off very little or even none. We want to the horti t5 setup and they gave off more uv than any mh he tested all day. I saw it with my own eyes. So I'm no expert in lighting but they do at least live up to their claims as to what they give off. Does that make them worth 30 bucks a pop. That depends on the buyer but I'll be buying them to see if they do better than my pure par bulbs from agromax. I do believe they will be superior to any other t5 as their hps and mh seem to be better than any of their competition. Respect bro.
there a reason hortilux has been industry leader all these years...they make great bulbs...very consistent quality...thx for th info on the t5 bro

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

well i have called numerous stores in my area.....and none of them carry the power veg bulb...but wait, it goes further.....none of them have even heard of it...and none of tham can order ir for me.....they all seem to carry one brand only...sunblaster...and they are always happy to say "no we dont have that brand, but we got sublaster which is just as good"....bastards selling stuff like used car salesman...i know what i want, i know what i need...but they are always trying to sell me the stuff they got rather than the stuff i want...and it also seems that all the stores in my area are all getting their stuff from the same distributor....so nothing different from one store to the other, except the displays and product inventory size, but going from one store to the next they are all the same...

about a month ago i wanted to get a 8" max fan HO....which is 200cfm more than the regular 8" from any other company....i went to 3 stores in my area...none of them heard of it before, and none of them could order it for me because it wasnt in their catalog....so i ended up ordering from monstergardens, and a 350$ fan turned into a 500$ fan with delivery and border fees.......now im looking for powerveg lamps, but no stores in my area to order them from, and have not founf any canadian online stores that sell powerveg lamps....so it looks like ill be going to monster gardens again....200$ pack of bulbs will cost me much closer to 300-350.....fucking rediculous...

sixstring

sixstring

Man it would seem anyone who sells eye hort bulbs would be able to order you some powerveg from the same spot they get there other eye shit.wtf.i have 2 pv bulbs in a 8 bulb fixture and im running them 2 to 4 inches like i always do and im not noticing the burn i keep reading about . Plants have great color,think im gunna try 4 pv lamps in that fixture soon.good luck on the search bro.

john martin

john martin

HTGSupply has been carrying these. Just got some of them to outline my grow with for supplemental veg / uv lighting in my flower room.

Supply seems very limited, good luck!

Tnelz

Tnelz

@Tnelz , Truth Lighting looks real interesting. (Just recently saw this: http://growershouse.com/blog/m16-led-grow-light-by-truth-led-lighting-review-and-test/ )
I actually sent him that link a while ago. He didn't know they were doing it. Or said he didn't and I've no reason to doubt him. Anyway Dude is a great grower for sure. And a hard worker. I've seen his harvests from leds and their amazing. His units are expensive but not as expensive as all the high end led stuff and it Def is as good or better imo. I sound like a rep but I'm not just have respect for the dude. I'll have his m16 sooner than later and I'll have the results here for sure. Thanks for passing that on @john martin.

Tnelz

Tnelz

@Joe Fresh I have an htg that I frequent. I could always buy you some and ship them up. U can reimburse me minus the shipping. Say the word bro.

john martin

john martin

Playing with Cali. Lightwork and Blackdog right now. Doing my first flower with them solo, only ever mixed the LEDs with HPS.

Really looking forward to seeing results from these PowerVegs. It seems the more mixed spectrum the better all around from quality to yield.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Playing with Cali. Lightwork and Blackdog right now. Doing my first flower with them solo, only ever mixed the LEDs with HPS.

Really looking forward to seeing results from these PowerVegs. It seems the more mixed spectrum the better all around from quality to yield.
Agreed bro and good luck Def pulling for u. I used to sup led with hps but I got a bigger hps. Lol. Now they r mixed in with my t5s in veg. Love that combo. Hope u get what ur looking for bro.

Latest posts

Top Bottom