Power went out during week 3. Is my plant flowering?

• Thread starter Takkat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Takkat

Takkat

Hi! I had a ballast break when I was out of town and my four plants (two Nirvana grab bags, a CBD blueberry and GSC) experienced an extended period of darkness somewhere between 12-36 hours. They were transferred to a very sunny spot while the issue was resolved and now they are back in the tent and look healthy. Healthy enough that I FIMed them last week…then I noticed this:
Power went out during week 3 is my plant flowering

My blueberry. Has it started to flower or is it just showing it’s sex? If it has flowered, it’s the only one. Should I retain veg light cycle and nutrients? Thanks for the help

growsince79

growsince79

You can do either. I would not have topped it unless the plan wag to continue veg. You lose yield if you flower now. I would have just done 12-12 after mishap and not top.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Looks like it's in flower. CBD strains often have hemp in their backgrounds, which flowers early (or might even auto flower).

It might reveg or it might continue flowering, not sure. I wouldn't let it dictate the grow, though.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup I'd say just go 12/12... if ya want the cuts for clones take em now and by the end of the grow you will have a mother in veg to cut clones from.

Takkat

Takkat

My problem is I dont want to throw the other three plants under the bus and only have one tent. Will it hurt the CBD plant to keep in the the 18/6 while the others mature? Should I prune the buds and hope it revegs?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Don't prune the buds. That would likely trigger the plant to pop some male flowers.

i believe it will reveg, though it might just stay in flower. Different strains might react differently. If it were up to me, I would veg the rest as you intended, and keep an eye on this one.

If it goes into reveg, a bunch of branches will pop out of each bud. You will probably have to do some pruning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom