Power went out. What do you think will happen ?

• Thread starter Panhead59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Panhead59

Panhead59

So today was a water only day. I watered after lights came on. 12/12. 2nd week of flower. 2 hrs. Into light cycle the electricity went out. 25 minutes later I had generator running and lights were back on. 1 hr. Later black smoke started pouring out of kitchen wall receptacle. Shut off generator. So plants back in dark. 4 hrs. Later power comes back on. So plants will get 4 hrs. More of light before lights out cycle begins. What affect do you think this will have on plants ? Hermie time since they were at 2 wks. Into flower ?

growsince79

growsince79

Only 2 weeks in so it probably be ok. I always have a lantern ready.

Ponky

Ponky

Well. You need to pull the wire out of the wall all the way to the panel. And figure out what else was burnt. That wire in the wall is compromised. If a staple is too tight on it. It could be a disaster.

OutdoorGrowGuy

OutdoorGrowGuy

So today was a water only day. I watered after lights came on. 12/12. 2nd week of flower. 2 hrs. Into light cycle the electricity went out. 25 minutes later I had generator running and lights were back on. 1 hr. Later black smoke started pouring out of kitchen wall receptacle. Shut off generator. So plants back in dark. 4 hrs. Later power comes back on. So plants will get 4 hrs. More of light before lights out cycle begins. What affect do you think this will have on plants ? Hermie time since they were at 2 wks. Into flower ?
It'll be fine. Don't imagine they really noticed to be honest.

In my own opinion take the hermaphrodite thing with a grain of salt. I always just write them off. If you're running regular seed, you'll get them from time to time.
Some show themselves early and some don't. But they're all the same to me.
Waste of time chasing our tails to assume the cause is environmental, when it's 99% genetic.

Just saying I doubt your garden skipped a beat. And if you get any hermaphrodites this grow, I'd bet my house it wasn't due to a brief power outage.

All the best G/L.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

As long as your getting your 12 hrs dark it’s all good. Make sure your timers are still on point after the power out.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Tks. For replies.got a electrician coming. Blew out some lightbulbs and fried 2 fans in grow tent. Led lights are on power strip that has surge protection.
Everything electrical in my tent and throughout my house basically is on a surge protector. Good practice to get into for sure.

Panhead59

Panhead59

2 week flowering? Gaddamn!
As long as your getting your 12 hrs dark it’s all good. Make sure your timers are still on point after the power out.
Good point. I almost forgot to reset timer. Noticed lights in tent didn't go off on time and realized timer dial was off due to no power. My house was built in the 60's so it's not all "3 wire" with the extra ground. I'll ask electrician about protecting against surges, which I'm sure generators are notorious for.

Ponky

Ponky

Good point. I almost forgot to reset timer. Noticed lights in tent didn't go off on time and realized timer dial was off due to no power. My house was built in the 60's so it's not all "3 wire" with the extra ground. I'll ask electrician about protecting against surges, which I'm sure generators are notorious for.
I also opened that can of works. Had to reframe most of the house remove almost all the drywall. Run all new wires.. New panel..

It's like Pringles. Once you start you can't stop. Literally. You're required to fix anything you find. Once you cut into the walls and the panel. You're in for the long haul.

Top Bottom