Powerful Medicinal plants: Uses, Propagation, Preparation, Dosage, and Efficacy. Share your experiences here.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Alright, I'll start this out with the Gorilla in the room. GG#4 Relieves stress, pain, helps with depression, anxiety, and insomnia. Oh, and appetite enhancement.

Preparation: Joints, bongs, eat it, rub it on yourself, and/or dabs.
Dosage: No known toxic effects.
Efficacy: You be the Judge.

Powerful medicinal plants uses propagation preparation dosage and efficacy   share your experi
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Coffee. I have bad migraines, and this is my go too, before hitting the medicine cabinet... It can certainly be overdone, so use caution.
Preparation: I like my cappuccino but it's also great simply made into coffee. I prefer Sumatra, but also like Kona, and Ethiopian Peaberry, which is actually a landrace strain, from which all cultivars were originated.
Efficacy: Mixed.

• Can Improve Energy Levels and Make You Smarter. ...
  • Can Help You Burn Fat. ...
  • Can Drastically Improve Physical Performance. ...
  • Contains Essential Nutrients. ...
  • May Lower Your Risk of Type 2 Diabetes. ...
  • May Protect You From Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia. ...
  • May Lower Your Risk of Parkinson's.

IMG 20210515 225451483
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Tumeric: This is a powerful one. Truly amazing results from this little root, I'm really impressed.
Uses:
  • Hay fever. Taking curcumin, a chemical found in turmeric, seems to reduce hay fever symptoms such as sneezing, itching, runny nose, and congestion.
  • Depression. Most available research shows that taking curcumin, a chemical found in turmeric, reduces depression symptoms in people already using an antidepressant.
  • High levels of cholesterol or other fats (lipids) in the blood (hyperlipidemia). Turmeric seems to lower levels of blood fats called triglycerides. The effects of turmeric on cholesterol levels are conflicting. There are many different turmeric products available. It is not known which ones work best.
  • Buildup of fat in the liver in people who drink little or no alcohol (nonalcoholic fatty liver disease or NAFLD). Research shows that taking turmeric extract reduces markers of liver injury in people who have a liver disease not caused by alcohol. It also seems to help prevent the build-up of more fat in the liver in people with this condition.
  • Osteoarthritis. Some research shows that taking turmeric extracts, alone or in combination with other herbal ingredients, can reduce pain and improve function in people with knee osteoarthritis. In some research, turmeric worked about as well as ibuprofen for reducing osteoarthritis pain. But it does not seem to work as well as diclofenac for improving pain and function in people with osteoarthritis.
  • Itching. Research suggests that taking turmeric by mouth three times daily for 8 weeks reduces itching in people with long-term kidney disease. Also, early research suggests that taking a specific combination product (C3 Complex, Sami Labs LTD) containing curcumin plus black pepper or long pepper daily for 4 weeks reduces itching severity and improves quality of life in people with chronic itching caused by mustard gas.
  • Be cautious with this combination
  • Turmeric might slow blood clotting.
  • Early research shows that taking curcumin, a chemical found in turmeric, daily for 30 days can reduce the number of precancerous glands in the colon of people at high risk of cancer.
  • Diabetes. Early research shows that taking curcumin, a chemical found in turmeric, for 12 weeks can reduce blood sugar in people with diabetes who are on dialysis.
  • Prediabetes. Early research shows that taking turmeric might prevent diabetes in some people with prediabetes.
  • A long-term disorder of the large intestines that causes stomach pain (irritable bowel syndrome or IBS). Some early research shows that taking a turmeric extract daily for 8 weeks reduces the symptoms of IBS in people with IBS who are otherwise healthy. Other early research shows that taking a capsule containing turmeric and fennel for 30 days improves pain and quality of life in people with IBS.
  • Joint pain. Research shows that taking a specific product containing turmeric and other ingredients three times daily for 8 weeks reduces the severity of joint pain. But it does not appear to help joint stiffness or improve joint function.
  • An inflammatory condition that causes rash or sores on the skin or mouth (lichen planus). Taking a certain product containing chemicals found in turmeric three times daily for 12 days can reduce skin irritation caused by lichen planus.
  • Symptoms of menopause. Curcumin is a chemical in turmeric. Some research shows that taking curcumin can reduce hot flashes in some postmenopausal women. But it doesn't seem to reduce other symptoms of menopause.
  • A grouping of symptoms that increase the risk of diabetes, heart disease, and stroke (metabolic syndrome). Early research in people metabolic syndrome shows that taking curcumin, a chemical in turmeric, for 2-3 months decreases low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) or a type of "bad" cholesterol. However, curcumin does not affect weight, blood pressure, blood sugar or levels of other lipids in these people.
  • Swelling (inflammation) and sores inside the mouth (oral mucositis). Early research shows that swishing a turmeric solution in the mouth six times daily for 6 weeks reduces the risk of inflammation in the mouth and/or esophagus caused by radiation treatment in people with head and neck cancer.
  • A serious gum infection (periodontitis). Early research shows that applying turmeric gel in addition to having teeth deep cleaned below the gumline doesn't improve gum disease, but may reduce plaque. Other early research shows that taking curcumin, a chemical found in turmeric, daily for four weeks can reduce gum disease and bleeding in the gums in people with this condition.
  • Pain after surgery. Early research suggests that taking curcumin, a chemical found in turmeric, after surgery can reduce pain, swelling, fatigue, and the need for pain medications.
  • Premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Research shows that taking a turmeric extract daily for 7 days before a menstrual period and continuing for 3 days after the period is over improves pain, mood, and behavior in women with PMS.
  • Prostate cancer. Early research shows that taking curcumin, a chemical found in turmeric, might prevent an increase in prostate specific antigen (PSA) levels and slow the progression of cancer in men with prostate cancer. PSA levels are measured to monitor how well prostate cancer treatment is working.
  • Scaly, itchy skin (psoriasis). Early research shows that applying a turmeric tonic to the scalp improves the appearance and symptoms of psoriasis in people with psoriasis on the scalp.
  • Inflammation and damage to the rectum due to radiation therapy. Early research in people with rectum damage from radiation therapy shows that curcumin, a chemical found in turmeric, doesn't reduce inflammation of the rectum or bladder.
  • Rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Early research suggests that curcumin, a chemical found in turmeric, might reduce some RA symptoms, including pain, morning stiffness, walking time, and joint swelling. Other research shows that taking a turmeric product twice daily reduces RA symptoms better than conventional medication. But curcumin doesn't seem to help when used in small amounts.
  • Stress. Early research shows that taking turmeric formulated with dietary fiber may reduce stress in otherwise healthy people.
  • An autoimmune disease that causes widespread swelling (systemic lupus erythematosus or SLE). Early research suggests that taking turmeric by mouth three times daily for 3 months can reduce blood pressure and improve kidney function in people with kidney inflammation (lupus nephritis) caused by SLE.
  • A type of inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis). Some early research suggests that taking curcumin, a chemical in turmeric, along with standard therapy for ulcerative colitis may improve symptoms and increase remission. But these studies are generally low quality. And when results from these two studies and another study are analyzed together, turmeric doesn't seem to improve remission rates. More higher quality research is need to determine the role of turmeric in ulcerative colitis.

Dosage:
500mg to around 5 grams daily. Personally, I cut the skin off, and eat it raw, because I want it in contact with my teeth, gums and throat to reduce inflammation, and suppress coughing.

Propagation: Rhizomes that grown in tropical conditions. They love well drained soil.
Preparation: I eat it raw, but can be prepared with food.
Effacy: Works great for swelling in my throat, and mouth, I can really tell a difference, effects are 30 min after consumption.

IMG 20210515 225231405
81CuXpXVB3L AC SL1500
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Drinking blood?
Hahahah!!
IMG 20210517 193826598

Red beet Juice concentrate. I use it to help control my Asthma symptoms, because it increases my NO (Nitrious Oxide) levels, in my blood and lungs. I use Ginger, and the Tumeric above to help with dissolving secretions. I've got over 20 years in Western Medicine, so I know a little about this subject, and it's always been a big interest of mine. Medically significant bio-chemicals.
  • Helps lower blood pressure. Beet juice may help lower your blood pressure. ...
  • Improves exercise stamina. ...
  • May improve muscle power in people with heart failure. ...
  • May slow the progression of dementia. ...
  • Helps you maintain a healthy weight. ...
  • May prevent cancer. ...
  • Good source of potassium. ...
  • Good source of other minerals
IMG 20210517 193853604

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
This is by far, IMO, besides the turmeric, and raw blueberries, that really impresses me medicinally, this is STRONG MEDICINE. rhizome, ginger root or ginger, is widely used spice and folk medicine. It is a herbaceous perennial which grows annual pseudostems about one meter tall in mostly sub-tropical regions, ie. S.E. Asia.

I peel it fresh, then cook it for hours, and I keep the fluid filled, and make it into tea's afterwards, not wasting a precious drop. It's an acquired taste, hot and peppery, but paired well, balanced with sweet.

Uses: breaks down secretions, especially respiratory system, GI system, mouth, teeth, gums, ears nose and throat... Probably even helps prevent cancer... I am sold, and would eat it if it tasted like goat balls, but it's actually very good.

It's also seems to have a pleasant appetite suppressant effect, while calming the stomach. Personally, I think rhizomes in particuler are just historically natural component of human tissues in general, among other roots. It's got a cleansing effect, restorative quality. Probably an optimum environment for healthy cellular regeneration, which is always occurring (or not) within our tissues.

IMG 20210518 225429520
330px Koeh 146 no text
1280px Ginger inflorescence
IMG 20210518 230424202
Last edited:
Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
This is by far, IMO, besides the turmeric, and raw blueberries, that really impresses me medicinally, this is STRONG MEDICINE. rhizome, ginger root or ginger, is widely used spice and folk medicine. It is a herbaceous perennial which grows annual pseudostems about one meter tall in mostly sub-tropical regions, ie. S.E. Asia.

I peel it fresh, then cook it for hours, and I keep the fluid filled, and make it into tea's afterwards, not wasting a precious drop. It's an acquired taste, hot and peppery, but paired well, balanced with sweet.

Uses: breaks down secretions, especially respiratory system, GI system, mouth, teeth, gums, ears nose and throat... Probably even helps prevent cancer... I am sold, and would eat it if it tasted like goat balls, but it's actually very good.

It's also seems to have a pleasant appetite suppressant effect, while calming the stomach. Personally, I think rhizomes in particuler are just historically natural component of human tissues in general, among other roots. It's got a cleansing effect, restorative quality. Probably an optimum environment for healthy cellular regeneration, which is always occurring (or not) within our tissues.
Interesting !
I have the curious habit of putting some pieces of fresh ginger in my coffee.
Really like the taste and combines well with coffee.
I like the pic with tumeric, thanks for the idea, will grow some ginger and tumeric again, its been a while.

Saw some article in a newspapers where the FDA warned against the use of tumeric, have you seen that ?
I have more faith in the millions of people from India who eat tumeric pretty much on a daily basis.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Interesting !
I have the curious habit of putting some pieces of fresh ginger in my coffee.
Really like the taste and combines well with coffee.
I like the pic with tumeric, thanks for the idea, will grow some ginger and tumeric again, its been a while.

Saw some article in a newspapers where the FDA warned against the use of tumeric, have you seen that ?
I have more faith in the millions of people from India who eat tumeric pretty much on a daily basis.
Yea, I think everything in balance, and that anything in excessive amounts can possibly be harmful. I think the FDA is warning about SPECIFIC TUMERIC...
Shit's liike $7 a pound... you've got tons of scammers... Selling roots of who knows what...

I can usually feel fresh tumeric working in my tissues withing 10 min of ingesting it, it's strong medicine.

FDA Warns Seller of Turmeric, Ashwagandha, Glucosamine, and More​

On December 18, 2020, the FDA issued a warning letter to Reddy Naturals following a review of the company's website, which found statements made about the company's products Glycostasis, Glucosamine Curcumin, Turmeric 50, Turmeric Curcumin, Cetyl Curcumin, Ashwagandha, Huruli, Black Seed Oil, Curcumin Turmerone, and Ashwagandha Honey to be drug claims.
For example, Turmeric Curcumin was promoted with statements such as "Our honey flavored Reddy Naturals Turmeric Curcumin with black pepper aids in reducing inflammation, joint and body pains."

FDA warns against purchase, consumption of unregistered turmeric, ginger powder​

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Have you looked at Kalanchoe for infection, tumors and cancer ?
And Stevia for diabetes.
I also like Mulungu, more for mental issues, calm and serenity.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Have you looked at Kalanchoe for infection, tumors and cancer ?
And Stevia for diabetes.
I also like Mulungu, more for mental issues, calm and serenity.

Yea man, share away everyone. List the remedy, and it's benefits, any potential drawbacks from it, or dosages. How it's prepared, ect.

Thank God I don't have diabetes yet, but it's something I need to watch. I'll have to look at Kalanchoe, those kinda substances are of the most interest to me, those and ones that enhance or fortify our immune systems.

I suffer from terrible Migraines, cluster headaches, and mental issues. Bipolar disorder, Mania, Depression and a schizoaffective disorder. At least that's what they say, anyhow. But the cure is worse than the disease. Sometimes I occasionally get a little psychotic, but I'm aware of it, and am usually working on it. It's a chronic issue. If I get psychotic, the headaches get really bad, or it's one of those chicken and egg things. Whatever, I'm not sure.

I've had a lot of head injuries over the years, and I've been exposed to lot's of toxins, especially when I was a kid. I think that might have something to do with my conditions. cumulative effects.

I don't take zombie drugs. Fuck that shit.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
sequoia giganteum, Ginger plants, Candied Ginger is great. I also try and eat lots of citrus, mostly mandarins. Lucky to live were food is grown.

IMG 20210520 0337170781
IMG 20210520 041258901
IMG 20210520 041345328
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I do occasionally splurge, and eat meats, but I eat only eat naturally cured meats, and try to get eggs from freed chickens, no cages, and good diet. Whole breads, greens, grains, whatever. A really balanced diet is what's most important, and eating a wide variety of food sources. This is probably the most sound medical advice anyone can start with. The FOOD you put in your BODY has a form of karma attached to it.

Dried nuts berries are great also. Cranberries are really effective for urinary problems.

IMG 20210520 042233163
IMG 20210520 042617182
Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Candied Ginger yes i love that too.
Another interesting plant is Artemisia.
I just planted some seeds, really wanted to try.
Copied from Google :
People take Artemisia herba-alba for cough, stomach and intestinal upset, the common cold, measles, diabetes, yellowed skin (jaundice), anxiety, irregular heartbeat, and muscle weakness. It is also used for parasitic infections.

Latest posts

Top Bottom