Ppm Going Up, Ph Down - 7th Week Of Flo.

• Thread starter Medigrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medigrow

Medigrow

Quick question.... finishing my critical, end of 7th week in RDWC... I filled the topoff this morning with only RO (at 130ppm now), I wanted to lower the main system's ppm to 175-200... PPM was initially at 230 this morning. It's now at 255 and ph went from 5.8 to 5.5. I do use UC roots, 4 ml/gal each week with nutrients change, and I even add when refilling topoff at 1-2ml/gal. I also have a chiller, roots are perfect white and it's all of sudden that ppm are going up and ph down...

Trichomes are 95% milky, i've been able to find some amber but can't even put a % on it. Hairs are 85-90% brown I would say.

Is it time to flush for 2-3 days then harvest?

Thank you for your help! :)

Last edited:
Medigrow

Medigrow

Here's a macro shot.. Looks pretty milky.. I prefer not to get so much amber, I've been able to spot few ones but well..

Time to flush?

Trico001
Trico002
jammie

jammie

When plants are feeding heavily ph tends to rise and ppm’s Drop. A .3 drop/ change in ph isn’t anything to worry about. It sounds like your girls are ready for harvest if they’re not eating much.

Medigrow

Medigrow

My topoff is at 50ppm right now, I will see later if ppm still go up but yet, went up a little already.

Medigrow

Medigrow

ppm raised a little bit even with refilling from a 50ppm topoff, but ph went south... I'll flush tomorrow :)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
looks close to me but its hard to tell long distance under hps. But based on your post and not wanting a couch lock buzz from too much amber, I would say slay her. Just be kind when you slay her and she will reward you with dank stickiness!!!! :D You will find strains will ripen faster run in any hydro especially RDWC. my .2cents

Medigrow

Medigrow

looks close to me but its hard to tell long distance under hps. But based on your post and not wanting a couch lock buzz from too much amber, I would say slay her. Just be kind when you slay her and she will reward you with dank stickiness!!!! :D You will find strains will ripen faster run in any hydro especially RDWC. my .2cents

This is my first grow ever and I didn't want to haul tons of soil so I went rwdc so, can't compare :( but considering it's 1-2 weeks in soil when flushing and hydro 2-3 days, crazy shti! Already anxious for second run and improve my grow!

Thanks for the reply! Flush is scheduled for tomorrow morning!

Quick question, we can find a lot of info about yield vs cutting early, is the yield ever increase up to amber trichs or once it's 50-75% milky, yield is "stable" vs exponential when only translucent?

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Yea I just realized that too. I'm running a clone of a plant I just grew in soil. And it's finished probably a week sooner than it did in soil. I had to double check the dates on that one. I was surprised, and it's also frostier and more colorful for some reason

Medigrow

Medigrow

Yea I just realized that too. I'm running a clone of a plant I just grew in soil. And it's finished probably a week sooner than it did in soil. I had to double check the dates on that one. I was surprised, and it's also frostier and more colorful for some reason

Weird since everyone is arguing that water only accelerate the veg time. :)

Keep us updated on this one!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
This is my first grow ever and I didn't want to haul tons of soil so I went rwdc so, can't compare :( but considering it's 1-2 weeks in soil when flushing and hydro 2-3 days, crazy shti! Already anxious for second run and improve my grow!

Thanks for the reply! Flush is scheduled for tomorrow morning!

Quick question, we can find a lot of info about yield vs cutting early, is the yield ever increase up to amber trichs or once it's 50-75% milky, yield is "stable" vs exponential when only translucent?
In my exp once you have hit optimal cloudiness in trichs and some slight ambering you have typically packed on all the weight and girth you will get.

Medigrow

Medigrow

I changed around 1/3 of water last night replenish with R/O water, brought the ppm down to 150... I'll see later how it goes, ph went up a little.. I'm wondering if the ppm was too high for the girls.. I'll see in few hours, better cut a little bit later than sooner! Funny how, it's the most exciting time but the most unpleasant to deal with... do I flush now or wait a little more...

@jumpincactus When you start the flush in hydro, I'm wondering about the behavior, are the trichs change faster or it won't matter? Because if I see too many amber color and start the flush after.. I'll get even more amber.. Hard choice today! :P

Medigrow

Medigrow

Well... time to flush! PPM didn't go down, ph went south again.. It was at 150 ppm, topoff was at ~20-25ppm.

Don't worry @jumpincactus , i'll be gentle on the ladies :D

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
yes I have found most strains lose a week in flowering time whe
Well... time to flush! PPM didn't go down, ph went south again.. It was at 150 ppm, topoff was at ~20-25ppm.

Don't worry @jumpincactus , i'll be gentle on the ladies :D
lol gotta remember tho, some like it rough. :opps:

Medigrow

Medigrow

yes I have found most strains lose a week in flowering time whe

lol gotta remember tho, some like it rough. :opps:

I wrote "i will fisTkars them" but I removed the post since well.. kinda hard ahah :)

It fits really well about the one week. Another member here harvested after 58 days, it will be 53 for me :)

Top Bottom