PPM is not coming down during flush

• Thread starter Mugwort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mugwort

Mugwort

I’m in the process of flushing a plant and have been checking the ppm of the runoff. I only know that it’s an Indica strain. I flipped it 8 weeks ago. I started the flush 5 days ago. The past 3 days the ppm hasn’t changed and is around 2200. I know it’s early but it dropped 1000 ppm the first two days. Plant looks healthy but I’m worried that I waited too long to start flush and waiting another nine days might turn these delicious looking buds into the “couch lock” that I desperately want to avoid after reading about it. What if it doesn’t go down? What’s an acceptable ppm to start harvest? I used Atami Bloombastic and have read that if there’s not an adequate flush your weed will be harsh when smoking. Thanks to those who are willing to advise. This is my third plant grown. It might be pertinent to include that I used Dr Earth organic potting soil and laced the soil with bat guano and worm castings per the directions on the bag. I also added some peat moss and vermiculite in small amounts.

Ppm is not coming down during flush
Ppm is not coming down during flush 2
Ppm is not coming down during flush 3
Ppm is not coming down during flush 4
mancorn

mancorn

PPM/EC is meaningless in organic soils. There are tons of non-nutrient solubles in organic fertilizers that are electrically conductive and will increase your EC readings. You can test for yourself just by dropping your fertilizer in a glass of water and then testing the ppm each day. It will probably be off the chart in a few days. (Or test a can of soda pop. Not much plant nutrients, but probably 300+ ppm.)

The “couch lock” you’re afraid of is primarily from genetics, so not much you can do at this point. The other main factor is the degradation of THC into CBN. You can reduce this process by harvesting your plants early when the trichomes are clear or best (by most peoples standards) when the trichomes are milky (opaque). When you trichomes become turning amber (red) then the THC is getting converted into CBN. Some growers like a late harvest if they’re using it for sleep or relaxation. Sounds like you want a more active smoke, so harvest as soon as you start seeing amber trichomes on the calyx. The trichomes on your sugar leaves will normally turn earlier. If you have a super frosty plants you may want to even harvest when your leaf trichomes start to turn. (There’s a lot of threads on this subject and “best” time to harvest if you do a forum search.)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

PPM/EC is meaningless in organic soils. There are tons of non-nutrient solubles in organic fertilizers that are electrically conductive and will increase your EC readings. You can test for yourself just by dropping your fertilizer in a glass of water and then testing the ppm each day. It will probably be off the chart in a few days. (Or test a can of soda pop. Not much plant nutrients, but probably 300+ ppm.)

The “couch lock” you’re afraid of is primarily from genetics, so not much you can do at this point. The other main factor is the degradation of THC into CBN. You can reduce this process by harvesting your plants early when the trichomes are clear or best (by most peoples standards) when the trichomes are milky (opaque). When you trichomes become turning amber (red) then the THC is getting converted into CBN. Some growers like a late harvest if they’re using it for sleep or relaxation. Sounds like you want a more active smoke, so harvest as soon as you start seeing amber trichomes on the calyx. The trichomes on your sugar leaves will normally turn earlier. If you have a super frosty plants you may want to even harvest when your leaf trichomes start to turn. (There’s a lot of threads on this subject and “best” time to harvest if you do a forum search.)
+1

growsince79

growsince79

Good post 5 gold stars*****

Mugwort

Mugwort

Mancorn...thank you so much for a most informative response. This alleviates many of my concerns.

Top Bottom