PPM, PH, and nute's

• Thread starter stone69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stone69

Ok I'm still not clear about this PPM, PH, Nute thang...
What I got so far is
PH 5.8 - 6.0
PPM 700-800
Nute's (coco A&B) add until 700-800 PPM

?????????????????????????

1. Starting with 102PPm water... I add Cal/Mag until I get about 250 PPM

2. Add nut'es until I get 700-800 PPM

3. Adjust Ph

I'm feeding 10 ml A&B now.Starting with 250 PPM, do I just add 7ml A&B then check and if it's still under 700-800 PPM, add 1 or two ml at a time until I get it? If it comes out at 7 ml or so... do I want to reduce the Cal/Mag and add more A&B until I get to 10 ml. next time? Or is the meter used to adjust the nute's to the exact amount it needs?

Please help and thank you to start with....

S

snake383

feed as you have and if you get a nute burn back off a little. anyone else useing coco?

C

cozymon

Try starting with 3 mil/gal. of cal mg. After adding calmag, add the appropriate amount of a/b to reach desired ppm. If your using a Truncheon meter, 1.0 ec will be at 700 parts per million. That's a good starting point. Use a good book to find conversion rates for ppm to ec. Get a feeding chart if available at your local store. Look for one that shows ec levels to follow throughout the cycle. Generally they gradually increase each week up to around 2.0 ec. Always aim for 5.8 ph in coco.

You'll Love it!

S

stone69

Hey thanks Cozy... That's pretty much what I did tonight, well see how it does.

F

fishrealhigh

I would bump the ppm up to 1800. I keep my ph b/w 5.2 and 5.7 and regularly push my ppm to 2000 with no burn but have CO2 agmentation. I use PK boosters in middle to latter flower and it def, helps with the yield and give water once a week to prevent salt build up. I also have been used the open sesame, beasties bloom, cha ching with great success so far no burn with these high ppm's. good luck check my thread if you like
http://skunkskool.com/showthread.php?t=6719

S

stone69

Thanks Fish!
Wow that's high...
I'll check out what you got going on tonight. I'm only giving them half that much...

T

TheNman

Thanks Fish!
Wow that's high...
I'll check out what you got going on tonight. I'm only giving them half that much...

You can give your plants insanely high ppm if your room is kicking.
In my 4x4, i have 2 600s with 2 6" passive intakes and bubble strips covering the floor of my table.
With that setup, i'm also able to push them to 2000ppm.

What you're running, 700-800ppm, my ladies take when i throw them into budding... in a SOG.

I've never grown with coco, so i'm not sure if you're supposed to keep the ppm lower, like with soil/less mixes.

Good luck!

P

Planit Growit

Like CozyMon said 1.0 ec is a good starting point, even .8 ec is a good starting point and if you are using a "tds" meter 1.0 ec is 560 ppms, remember you can always add more if need be but over doing it will lead to problems. Another thing too is the strain you are growing, what is it if you dont mind me asking? The more info you get on whatever strain you are growing will help you out with what kind of feeder it is or if someone has already grown it in the same substrate that would really be ov help. Some strains can really handle the nutes but some will throw one hell ov a fit, im sure you know this but its always good to reiterate. Oh yeah and one more question, can you get RO water by any chance? Have a good day pimp daddy

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Yes your environment plays a big factor on how much you feed them. Stone69 is only running a 250hps with no co2. So his ppms should be lower than say someone running a 1000hps and added c02. RB

S

stone69

Thanks N...

Planit... thanks for posting, when I started this thread I only had bag beans. Now I've got these started... slowly. Bag beans sure seemed easy, these seem to be more finicky.
Skunk x Haze, DDSB x Jilly Bean and GDP x OG Skunk.

alright what about outside? isnt that the best light of all? I wonder what a person should shoot for there.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I htink the sun compares to say 3000watts of hps I think. Correct me if I am wrong. So yes your outside ones will eat more food. RB

P

Planit Growit

5 thousand lumins per square foot i believe is what the sun light puts out, but i would check to be sure, my memory is sometimes not so good. I would def go slow with anything that is finicky, start with a .8 and go from there to be safe but its your dealyo so just keep it green if you can and do what seems to work for you:)

S

stone69

well I fed my outside one's (flowering) at 1160 ppm. well see what that does, they are on my "Spring grow" thread.

F

fishrealhigh

i believe environment def. has a factor in how much the plants can take. Also I have heard that the larger the main stwm the more EC they can take. seeming true on my part b/c my plants are pretty large and have bumped the ppm up to 2000 with no problem although I am under Co2 and 60+ watts/per sq/ft so depending one the condition determines hwo much they can take. If I had say 30 watts per and no co2 i would use way less nutes cuz that cant use it if they is not enough light then if enough light no co2. feel me? my ideas just poppin in
FishRealHigh

Top Bottom