ppm too low ?

• Thread starter booboo111
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

booboo111

I had it drilled into my head about less is more nute wise with uc. This being only my 2nd run and still figuring things out......just went into week 3 of 12/12 got the ppm at 240, just watching what they eat. Yeah guess the plants are healthy, buds starting but it kinda freaks me out.
I was told this strain can be a tad sensitive to nutes so this could be part of it

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Hmm I honestly think those PPMS are very low. Your water alone could be around 100ppm so all the nutes your adding is only bringing it up 150ppm give or take. The stage your at I would have my PPMs much higher. If you don't want to use to much nutes only use 1/2 of recommended dosage. Either way I would raise it more then that.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I had it drilled into my head about less is more nute wise with uc. This being only my 2nd run and still figuring things out......just went into week 3 of 12/12 got the ppm at 240, just watching what they eat. Yeah guess the plants are healthy, buds starting but it kinda freaks me out.
I was told this strain can be a tad sensitive to nutes so this could be part of it
Pix help, and while I'm a huge believer in less is more, that's the rate I'd be using for cloning. You can raise the strength, but do it slowly, in small increments, unless the plant(s) begin demanding a lot more. I've run strains that used 1/8th of the recommended feeding strength, E.G. FloraNova Bloom at 2mls/gal instead of the recommended 5mls/gal.

B

booboo111

See if these pics do it........I'm pretty much in line with capfan......have good color and vigor, roots good, buds going mid week 3.....1 plant has tiny tip burn probably from when I was running hot dialing in nutes
Cc
Ccc

B

booboo111

right now around 75 deg and 50-60 rh...night is lower minus some nights the humidifier should have been off.......had both higher earlier in the veg....I've been doing a ph swing 5.5-6.3

B

booboo111

ok I'm on the right track and my tap water is 50-60 ppm......I will not fret ever again that my ppm is too low !!! (unless there are all droopy yellow leaves) !!

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

I'm with you on that Q9, my plants seems happy and healthy as long as there is nutrients there. But you can feed higher As long as your humidity and other factors are up to par
i dont fret its too low when its 0.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

To me this reads:

"I agree with you. I do not agree with anything you said though."
Haha sorry man not how I meant it, I just meant that when your humidity is low there is a better chance of burning plants when trying to run higher ppms

Capfan

Capfan

I'm with you on that Q9, my plants seems happy and healthy as long as there is nutrients there. But you can feed higher As long as your humidity and other factors are up to par

Thing is, UC doesnt need Higher ppms.. less is more!

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

How do you guys keep your ppms low without ph going down? I always seem to have that issue it's start very good in the beginning. When plants are in the final week of veg in UC ppms are about .3 I get that great swing from 5.3-6.3 then in flower I bump it up to .4 still good but alway going into week 3-4 at .4 my ph starts to drop. Can't get the upward swing. I have notice if I up my nutes my ph starts to swing up. Thanks

Wavegem

Wavegem

How do you guys keep your ppms low without ph going down? I always seem to have that issue it's start very good in the beginning. When plants are in the final week of veg in UC ppms are about .3 I get that great swing from 5.3-6.3 then in flower I bump it up to .4 still good but alway going into week 3-4 at .4 my ph starts to drop. Can't get the upward swing. I have notice if I up my nutes my ph starts to swing up. Thanks

Something to point out is you can be to low... If your ph drops your to low like what happened above. If your ph rises and ppms are going down they are hungry and need adjustment. If your ppms are rising and ph dropping there is to much nutrients. What you are looking for is when nothing moves and they just drink.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Something to point out is you can be to low... If your ph drops your to low like what happened above. If your ph rises and ppms are going down they are hungry and need adjustment. If your ppms are rising and ph dropping there is to much nutrients. What you are looking for is when nothing moves and they just drink.

I am looking for a drop in ec and a swing upwards in ph I keep reading about Q9 running super low ec which sound very intriguing ever since I bought my UC but I have come to see that it's hard to lower your ex during the end stages of flower like he suggest

B

booboo111

Well, things seem to be going ok.....I'm at 260-280 ppm, end of week 4 buds are there so I'm pretty comfortable with that. This grow got pulverized from the extreme weather, constant bombardment of heater and humidifier ain't good. I bought a fogger to help with my breathing and ended up using it for the garden of course which I thought was more important than my health ?? So I suffered for weeks, stole the fogger back to my room and the plants had to suffer some low humidity. Apartment gardening is tough :)

Now that I've learned some restraint with nutes, I have to apply the same to over vegging

Top Bottom