PPMS ARE THROUGH THE ROOF

• Thread starter Peppie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Peppie

Peppie

Hey Grow family.
I have a question. Okay first off I'm growing photo periods in Fox Farm Happy Frog soil. 3 gallon fabric pots (5 plants), 5th week of flower in one tent and in the other 5 plants in veg same soil, same size pots.
Ok in Veg I researched plants like 800-900 ppms range of nutrients. My tap water is 108 ppms but after adding just the ff trio of Big bloom, Grow big and Tiger bloom the ppms are now 1890??]
Now what should I do? Feed it like that or bring it down by diluting with ph water?
My problem with the latter is the directions on the bottle says add a specific amount to one gallon of water. Well after diluting to 900 doesn't that make the ratio different? Meaning I put 15 ml of Big bloom as instructed which took it over the recommendation of ppms, not to mention the other 2 nutrients. So I guess my question is why tell us to add 15 ml to a gallon if its gonna take it over.
Lastly Fox farm recommends in week one of flower 8 different nutrients which brings the ppms to over 3,000? What do I do?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

your tap water is 108,are you using just the trio,if so cut the ones you use by half,check your ph and ppm,if you still need to get to 8 or 900 from there do 1 ml at a time to you got the ppm right,then ph up or down from there,never go buy any manufacture recomendation you have to dial in pretty much how i said,feed your ppm on the low side i suggest,so 800,then feed that number sou
Hannah feed schedule 001
nds about right for 5 weeks in be mature flower on the hannah scale

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you can use just the triop all the way to harvest,all the other 15 bottle shit just give you more head ache than anything else,get some saddle time and couple grows and then if you insist using the whole line you will be able too you will know what to use buy then,anyway hope it help,i see the chart and 5 weeks in on a 8 week scale 1 to 1600 ppm ,i wouldnt jump there if you been feeding the 8 to 9 if you dig if plants are looking good stay there if they look odd matbe jump 100 ppm at a time over next few weeks,not all at one time,hope that explians it pretty well good luck

Peppie

Peppie

your tap water is 108,are you using just the trio,if so cut the ones you use by half,check your ph and ppm,if you still need to get to 8 or 900 from there do 1 ml at a time to you got the ppm right,then ph up or down from there,never go buy any manufacture recomendation you have to dial in pretty much how i said,feed your ppm on the low side i suggest,so 800,then feed that number souView attachment 903297nds about right for 5 weeks in be mature flower on the hannah scale
Thanks alot that really helps

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Fox Farms has a lot of nutrients in it's soil already, as anyone that follows me is surely getting sick and tired of hearing me say it! It has a LOT more nutrients than I use, but that is besides the point. When you add additional nutrients to it, you are essentially adding fertilizer to fertilized soil. I would think that going with one product or the other would be a safer choice. I don't know that a flush would help as the nutrients are built into the growing medium and designed to remain in the soil for most of the grow regardless of water use. Flushing might remove a lot of the added fertilizers, but it could also open the door for a bunch of other issues, such as Ph and nutrient lockout.
If it were me, I would stick with the FF and not add anything else for a while, until your numbers come down a little. Just my opinion.

Top Bottom