Pre flower hermie? not sure

• Thread starter Sod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sod

How early has anyone been able to identify a hermie? I have a Blue Dream started from seed that was found in the bag after harvest/drying. Plant is now about 2 months old. For the last couple days I have been watching what appears to my to balls starting show. During today's check I notice a couple white hairs showing as well. Still too early to know for sure. Planning on starting the 12/12 switch in the next day or two. Don't want any seeds and this plant is sitting along side some other plants, clones, in the tent. This one plant has been very slow to show anything, even at 2 months it's just starting to show now. So my question is, is a plant 2 months in veg able to show becoming a hermie? Seems enough time, but not sure, first hermie for me. 90% sure it's going into the compost pile.
thanks,
SOD

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

A plant can show intersex traits at any time after it is mature enough to flower. A 2 month old plant can be a hermie. That doesn't mean your plant is.

S

Sod

I'm thinking on culling this one plant. Fortunately I have others going so not a big loss. Not willing to take a chance with seeds that I don't want. Switching to 12/12 today or tomorrow so I'll give it one more good look. Of course the upside is I can now justify doing a little seed shopping for the next grow. Downside, too many choices, not enough time for all the strains I'd like to grow. But that's a good thing I guess.

SOD

Top Bottom