Pre-Flowers

• Thread starter Vertabreaker666
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Vertabreaker666

I have a 5-6 week old garden in veg and i just noticed 2 of my plants have male pre-flowers.........what should I do? I have never had this before, especially with plants that are still small ( from 6 to 9 Inches Tall ). Do I now have to start flowering all of them or can I just pick off the male pre-flowers without hurting the plants and keep them vegging until they get bigger. HELP PLEASE!

Vertabreaker666

M

Mickmoll

preflowers start to show at 4-6 weeks, if i had 2 showing balls in my garden i would kill them off asap. you dont need to go into flower yet, just remove the male plants an keep on vegging the rest until you want to go into flower.

T

they call me j

yea, what mick said........unless you breeding you dont want any male! too much of a risk to your ladies..

V

Vertabreaker666

Can I isolate them somehow in the same growroom? I really wanted to keep those two plants, showing male pre-flowers, because they are such strong & healthy plants. Is there nothing I can do to save them? Could I pick off or cut off the pre-flowers without hurting the plants?

Vertabreaker666

T

tophmaster

i mean u could pick them off but there still males there is a thread in the diy section about a male isolation chamber u could use and maybe keep in the same room but i dont think your gonna want them unless your breeding they are basically worthless

R

robbiedublu

Unless you're planning a breeding project, dump them. Why are they any stronger or healthier than the female plants?

N

Nuglover

Are you planning on smoking the males?Making seeds? If not cull them.

S

Sway

i say if they are real strong plants, and if they smell a lot (especially during dark time), they are most likely decent males and u may want to remove them from the others and flower them to collect their pollen for future use. if ur not doing that, then kill those bastards because u dont need to keep males unless ur looking to breed for future seed stock.

p.s. its easy to flower the males safely, and they will dump enough pollen to store 3-5 weeks after u flip the lights, had some that dump pollen even sooner...u can even cut the flowers off right before they start to open and release pollen, stick them in a cup of water and the flowers will continue to open and spill pollen on the table or in a properly positioned petri dish

Top Bottom