Preparing to be a newbie.

• Thread starter Trichomemassacre
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trichomemassacre

Trichomemassacre

Hello, I am preparing to setup a small grow. Think I have everything planned out but would sure appreciate any helpful info. Have helped out with a grow many years ago, this will be my first attempt on my own. Planning to use Aglex COB 3000 with just four buckets under it. Will be topping and possibly adding another light later. Will post in the appropriate forum once its up and running.

Trichomemassacre

Trichomemassacre

Its a stab, I know someone using a 1000 watt led and it doesnt seem to be quite enough. It was between the Aglex or a Phlizon.. either 2000 or 3000 so I am opting for the 3000 watt. Its an affordable light as well. No other reason beyond that.. I dont want to deal with the power draw and heat of an HPS so am going with LED. Years ago I helped out in a grow using 1000 watt high pressure sodium lights. The power consumption and heat was a lot.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Its a stab, I know someone using a 1000 watt led and it doesnt seem to be quite enough. It was between the Aglex or a Phlizon.. either 2000 or 3000 so I am opting for the 3000 watt. Its an affordable light as well. No other reason beyond that.. I dont want to deal with the power draw and heat of an HPS so am going with LED. Years ago I helped out in a grow using 1000 watt high pressure sodium lights. The power consumption and heat was a lot.
Those lights you mentioned are really between 400-655 watts and are not very efficient, I'd avoid spending money on any blurple leds, look for white light and shoot for about 40-50 watts of quality light per sq ft. There are a bunch of active threads on here with some good recommendations, I don't want to get your introduction thread too off topic.

Trichomemassacre

Trichomemassacre

Those lights you mentioned are really between 400-655 watts and are not very efficient, I'd avoid spending money on any blurple leds, look for white light and shoot for about 40-50 watts of quality light per sq ft. There are a bunch of active threads on here with some good recommendations, I don't want to get your introduction thread too off topic.
Appreciate it, will check that out.

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

No way can I use 50 watts per ft2 of good white LED's! Not without CO2, no way in hell! 50watts per ft2 of HLG Rspec LED's = like 1300-1350 PPF & without co2 plants can only handle 1100PPF MAX.. Just my 2 cents! The Spydrx Mega only gives you about 40 watts per ft2 & those lights will roast plants if you are not running co2

Latest posts

Top Bottom