Prepping Rockwool Clones For Dirt

• Thread starter 40BRIX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
40BRIX

40BRIX

Hi there Farmers, I'm getting ready for the season here and just got some HHCOAK DHN clones in rockwool...I hate rockwool!!!
Anyway, I go through this process and figured I could record it with me phone and put it up here so you can see what I go through, because I think the rockwool stays too wet and can contribute to root / stem problems down the road.

(Had to make a youtube account, thought I could just upload it here...)

jaredman

jaredman

Just don't plant the clone too deep. Keep the Rockwell level with top of soil. If you are going outside the stem will be way bigger than that little cube so I wouldn't worry at all

TimeLine

TimeLine

people like when you use the search button so I did

I started thinking this will be the first year I will have some clones from rock wool going outside for the entire year as I have mid season took broken branches from storms..cloned and got back out once rooted for some 1/4 to 1/2 oz dried buds..those are the ones that make ya most proud IMO...and it got me thinking is that ideal or is it better to not have the rockwool in the equation

I couldn't see much downfall but found this thread as why start another thread on the topic

so it seems obv bubble cloner is best then just put to dirt once rooted

I find zero luck with the root just in water method..I call bS actually ona large scale level of doing this w/o aerating the water..and then why not just call that bubble cloning

anyways...I got to much to get for the bubble cloner machine this season so rockwool cubes it is

so what size is best for this rockwwool to soil intention...I guess it is just a matter of sizing if I plan to go to a regual plastic cup after rooting probly 1inch I would assume..but

I can't remember what size I had..I remember saying dam the bigger ones don't tip as much...hmm what size was that I guess is the question cuz that sucked and the ones that didn't tip didn't suck

is there a tray that suspends the rock wool a bit from tray on rack as to allow roots to hang abit before planting?

how long before rockwool degrades? maybe that would be a good question hmm

oh brain why do you think about rockwool so much today

help my brain think less about rockwool today

thanks

Gduptreedup

Gduptreedup

people like when you use the search button so I did

I started thinking this will be the first year I will have some clones from rock wool going outside for the entire year as I have mid season took broken branches from storms..cloned and got back out once rooted for some 1/4 to 1/2 oz dried buds..those are the ones that make ya most proud IMO...and it got me thinking is that ideal or is it better to not have the rockwool in the equation

I couldn't see much downfall but found this thread as why start another thread on the topic

so it seems obv bubble cloner is best then just put to dirt once rooted

I find zero luck with the root just in water method..I call bS actually ona large scale level of doing this w/o aerating the water..and then why not just call that bubble cloning

anyways...I got to much to get for the bubble cloner machine this season so rockwool cubes it is

so what size is best for this rockwwool to soil intention...I guess it is just a matter of sizing if I plan to go to a regual plastic cup after rooting probly 1inch I would assume..but

I can't remember what size I had..I remember saying dam the bigger ones don't tip as much...hmm what size was that I guess is the question cuz that sucked and the ones that didn't tip didn't suck

is there a tray that suspends the rock wool a bit from tray on rack as to allow roots to hang abit before planting?

how long before rockwool degrades? maybe that would be a good question hmm

oh brain why do you think about rockwool so much today

help my brain think less about rockwool today

thanks
Grodans smart tray

Top Bottom