Preventatives for mites/other insects??

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
New indoor grower here and I’m growing in organic soil. My question is do any of you take preventative measures for mite or other insects? I see in grow videos that a lot of ppl have the yellow sticky paper at the base of their plants. Is this good measure or should you wait till you see an infestation? I’m two weeks in from seed and everything is going pretty good so far i got the environment dialed in pretty good but need to learn more about this subject. Thanx for any input

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yellow sticky traps are for fungus gnats and thrips. If you're growing organic soil, fungus gnats are a distinct possibility, so some form of control is nice, because they not only invade the rest of the house, you find them stuck on buds when looking at trichomes.

I use beneficial nematodes for fungus gnats. They knock back a heavy infestation to almost nothing in two weeks, but you have to put them in every potted plant you have, not just the reefer.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Yellow sticky traps are for fungus gnats and thrips. If you're growing organic soil, fungus gnats are a distinct possibility, so some form of control is nice, because they not only invade the rest of the house, you find them stuck on buds when looking at trichomes.

I use beneficial nematodes for fungus gnats. They knock back a heavy infestation to almost nothing in two weeks, but you have to put them in every potted plant you have, not just the reefer.
You get nematodes only when there’s an infestation or you use them as a preventative control as well?

Top Bottom