Preventing N toxicity in flower

• Thread starter Alpaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Alpaca

Alpaca

As time passed my leaves seem to keep getting darker, due to excessive Nitrogen. Problem is that Nitrogen is present in both my flowering nutrients 2-2-4 (3ml/L) as my calmag (1,5 ml/L). How can I still prevent toxicity?

View attachment 1057603View attachment 1057604
Preventing n toxicity in flower

Alpaca

Alpaca

Pics are hard to see but doesn’t look toxic to me? More like locked out? What’s ph and ppm of water in and run off ?

pH is between 6.5-6.8, so should be solid. I don't have a ppm meter unfortunately. But I always water at 6.5. The leaves don't have any marks or blemishes on them so how could I identify a possible lockout?

I'll note that I'm unable to water untill runoff right now because the pot is huge (25 gallons) and doing so would cause my humidity to spike up to 80+. It's generally about 65% in my country so Its quite high even with extraction and air circulation

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

pH is between 6.5-6.8, so should be solid. I don't have a ppm meter unfortunately. But I always water at 6.5. The leaves don't have any marks or blemishes on them so how could I identify a possible lockout?
Do you feed every water? Could you post any better pics ?in natural light. Some one with more knowledge may help.

Are you feeding calmag heavy?

Alpaca

Alpaca

Do you feed every water? Could you post any better pics ?in natural light. Some one with more knowledge may help.

Are you feeding calmag heavy?

Yeah I feed every water, because I skipped it once and she decimated about 20 leaves instantly to pull more nutrients. One of the attachments is under natural light. The calmag is mainly because I noticed a single fanleaf with typical small calcium def symptoms but I can probably ease up from now on.

Akabudz

Akabudz

For my next grow I am. Considering plagron Bat Mix, have you ever used that?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Must have been on my end I got the pic to open up and this time it wasn’t all blurry - so sorry I think I’m off I don’t see lock out at all it was just a skewed picture !
I fact think they look pretty good ! Little dark but imo not to bad.
Sorry for the confusion

Alpaca

Alpaca

For my next grow I am. Considering plagron Bat Mix, have you ever used that?

Actually yes I have! I recommend combining the bat mix with the lightmix, that way you get the best of both worlds (the bat mix in itself has a bit too many nutes to be used solo imo).

Must have been on my end I got the pic to open up and this time it wasn’t all blurry - so sorry I think I’m off I don’t see lock out at all it was just a skewed picture !
I fact think they look pretty good ! Little dark but imo not to bad.
Sorry for the confusion

Oh no worries dude I still apreciate the input

HighBuddha

HighBuddha

Maybe consider a bloom fertilizer with lower N. Some have zero N and you can supplement it with a veg fertilizer as needed.

Humbolt Nutrients Bloom is a 0-6-5

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

When they get too much N, you're usually going to see clawed leaves. I don't see any of that on this plant.

Alpaca

Alpaca

I am starting to see more brown spots on the small sugar leaves up top. I literally just fed calmag so I think my soil might be out of balance

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I am starting to see more brown spots on the small sugar leaves up top. I literally just fed calmag so I think my soil might be out of balance
That's why you have to figure out how you can flush it at least once a week or something like that because unfortunately you're going to run into more and more of those spots, recommend a slurry test

Alpaca

Alpaca

That's why you have to figure out how you can flush it at least once a week or something like that because unfortunately you're going to run into more and more of those spots, recommend a slurry test

next watering ill find a container large enough to runoff my ph'd water with just 1ml/l of my bloom booster. I have a pH pen so I'll try this slurry test, my soil pH meter is useless. Good thing damage is super minor right now
IMG 20201120 113747

Alpaca

Alpaca

So I just did the slurry test after calibrating my pen. pH is 5.5 which could explain why she's not taking up nutes the way she should. At what pH should I water next to balance it ?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So I just did the slurry test after calibrating my pen. pH is 5.5 which could explain why she's not taking up nutes the way she should. At what pH should I water next to balance it ?
Agree soil probe meters are useless. Best way to correct this imo is to water in Dolomite lime at the ratio of one level tablespoon per gallon of soil, but recommend using only half this amount initially and then adding as needed to bring soil pH above 6.0;

6.5 is ideal, but if you add too much at once and it goes above 7.00 you'll never get it back down, so start slow

Also with soil PH that low the PPM May well be high too, recommend a heavy flush

A cheap PPM meter is the most used tool in my garden, recommend one strongly

Last edited:
Top Bottom