As Designed Private messaging -- I have yet to figure it out

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
All I can figure out is how to use the conversation feature, which appears to be publicly viewable. I *know* I've had a private conversation, I just don't know how to initiate one myself, you know, between users.

I've gone through the threads I think might answer my question, and I can't find the answer. What am I doing wrong?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
click on the person's name and then in that box is "start a conversation".

Try it on me so I can practice too.

tokeroo

tokeroo

From what I can tell, you go to the user's profile, then the "information" tab, and at the bottom is a "start a conversation" link. I am not seeing the conversations I have started this way showing up on those member's profile page anywhere

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So, you're not seeing the conversations on my profile?

Tobor, did it work?

Hey... I just noticed, no post counts with usernames.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Hello Seamaiden.

Private messaging is now called Conversations, Its not publicly viewable im not sure what gave you that idea.

However the comments that people can post on your profile page are publicly viewable.

And if you wish to start a Conversation with a user, click there name and then "Start a Conversation" its that easy :)

Motarebel

Motarebel

Logic did you do away with the 25 post count to pm or same?

Motarebel

Motarebel

Thanks logic.

Clips i'll send a pm and see if it works for ya.

clips

clips

curious how ya delete old messages ect is cple from way back lol kinda funny never could reply to em :p

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
curious how ya delete old messages ect is cple from way back lol kinda funny never could reply to em :p
When you are inside a message you will see the option to "Leave Conversation" and then there is 2 future options.
Accept future messages or Ignore future messages. I hope this helps.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
What's good Sea? Tobor? Good to see you guys/gal! Thanks Sea, Tobor, & logic. I was pondering all this today as well!

Cheers,
Crom

T

TECK

All I can figure out is how to use the conversation feature, which appears to be publicly viewable.
Conversations are private, only you and the person you talk to can see its content. :)
You can invite up to 5 people to the private conversation. If you are a premium member, you can invite up to 10 people.

What I like about the conversations is that they are much more readable compared to the old PM system. They also allow you to discuss something in a format that looks like a thread but is limited ONLY to the people you invite in. To delete a conversation, simply click on the link 'Leave Conversation'. Once you leave the conversation, you cannot get in back. :)

To find out more about the new forum features, check the sticky threads I posted in this forum.

Cheers

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

to get to messages quickly go to Inbox at the top of the page in the darkest navy toolbar. you will get a dropdown of your recent convos and a link to start a new one.

also while you are there hover over your name for the dropdown to some of the other goodies this forum has.

Top Bottom