As Designed Private Messaging

• Thread starter Seed Buyer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Click on the persons name when the box pops up click the start conversation..

T

TECK

How do you send a private message on the new site?
There is no such thing as "private message". :)
As MakinGoo said, you can start a conversation with anyone by clicking on their avatar.

You can invite up to 5 people into conversation, if you are a Premium member you can invite up to 10. Is like having your own little private party. Read the How-To, to find out more about other user features.

Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket

OK in the same vein how can you delete old conversations? Nothing about that in the how to.

YJ

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Click on the conversation u want 2 delete & on the top right hand corner click on the "leave conversation"

T

TECK

OK in the same vein how can you delete old conversations? Nothing about that in the how to.
There is no such thing of "delete old conversations". :)
As MakinGoo said, you can leave a conversation and choose if you want (or not) to be notified if there are new replies. Remember, the conversation can have multiple users, not just you and your buddy. Therefore, you cannot "delete" it. Of course, all that is explained into How-To.

Take the time to read the How-To section related to your question, don't go hush hush on it. :)

Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket

I read it but it never mentioned not being able to delete, only leaving and notifications. But thanks for the info, I won't be having anymore conversations that you can keep on file since I can't delete them.

T

TECK

I read it but it never mentioned not being able to delete, only leaving and notifications. But thanks for the info, I won't be having anymore conversations that you can keep on file since I can't delete them.
The old system worked the same way, except the new one is more logical. For example, even if you deleted a private message before, how do you know if the other person deleted their private message also (which contained your reply)?

The new Conversations system is a zillion times better compared to the old one. If you are worried about your privacy, don't start a conversation. We ban people who post Conversations in a public area (Rule 11), so we do protect your privacy on THCFarmer. Also, even if I'm Admin, I cannot read anyone's conversations and they are encoded.

Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket

I'm aware of the database that they are filed in and the encoding. As far as knowing if the other party deleted their side it's because I know and trust him.
But you are right, I will NOT be using the "conversation" system again.

YJ

ttystikk

ttystikk

too much paranoias! I like the new system, and I don't tell anyone anything I wouldn't want to get around, anyway.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I'll head to the how-to in a minute, but since this thread is here, how about inviting members into an existing conversation? The editing screen has reference to it, but we're having trouble finding the function. Is the 5/10 limit just for the originator, i.e. can other participants invite past that? We have one with 6 people in it (pretty sure no premiums, but one site vendor), but thinking that might have been a group rom inverted over from the old system?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Hmm, not finding any details there, maybe I'm just missing it? Help anyone?

T

TECK

Hmm, not finding any details there, maybe I'm just missing it? Help anyone?
Did you read the notices showing on every page, or the thread stickies on this forum?
Also, the second post in this thread is pretty clear... :)

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Did you read the notices showing on every page, or the thread stickies on this forum?
Also, the second post in this thread is pretty clear... :)
Really, am I that much of a moron today? Looking..

Nah, don't think you're feelin me (no doubt from my typically obtuse grammar). And yeah I read all that so sorry if still missing it. We already have a multi-player conversation going, under "edit conversation" I (the conv starter) toggled to allow participants to invite others in. Now if you're one of the participants, how do you invite someone new?

T

TECK

You can invite other people ONLY if the person who started the conversation allows it. Otherwise, only the conversation starter can invite other people, up to 5 total (10 if he is a premium member).

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

You can invite other people ONLY if the person who started the conversation allows it. Otherwise, only the conversation starter can invite other people, up to 5 total (10 if he is a premium member).
Right, so I started and allowed it, now how does the new invite get made? Thanks.

T

TECK

When you view the conversation, on the right hand side you will see the Conversation Participants side panel. Click on the Invite More link, located at the bottom of the panel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom