Pro-Mix Potting Soil and Nutrients

• Thread starter paulsreef
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
paulsreef

paulsreef

I have my 2 plants in 5 gallon pots with Pro-Mix Potting soil. The bag of Prom-Mix mentions that there is fertilizer already in the soil good for 9 months. My plants appear to be growing well, and at week 4 I decided to feed them 5ml of Reefertilizer Grow per 4 litres of tap water. The ph of the nutes+water is 7, and the runoff is 5.5. Is this runoff too acidic? Should I UP the ph of my nute solution, or stop adding any additional nutes, than what's already in the Pro-Mix? Thanks!

growsince79

growsince79

I have my 2 plants in 5 gallon pots with Pro-Mix Potting soil. The bag of Prom-Mix mentions that there is fertilizer already in the soil good for 9 months. My plants appear to be growing well, and at week 4 I decided to feed them 5ml of Reefertilizer Grow per 4 litres of tap water. The ph of the nutes+water is 7, and the runoff is 5.5. Is this runoff too acidic? Should I UP the ph of my nute solution, or stop adding any additional nutes, than what's already in the Pro-Mix? Thanks!
What are you using to chech ph? Is it 100% accurate? If the plants are healthy I'd continue what you're doing.

paulsreef

paulsreef

What are you using to chech ph? Is it 100% accurate? If the plants are healthy I'd continue what you're doing.
I'm using the non digital method of checking ph, collecting a sample of water in a vial and adding a few drops of a ph testing solution. My job involves testing the municipal water supply, and I know that our water has a ph of 7 which matches the results of my test kit.

Top Bottom