Probable Nutes deficiency (1st time grower)

• Thread starter trismegisto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
trismegisto

trismegisto

Soil Biobizz light mix
SF1000
Green Gelato / Hulkberry / Royal Dwarf (autos)
27th day since germination
Humidity around 50% / temp 22-23°C
Started with tap water (i'm bad as fuck at using the ph meter, mostly in calibration)
Switched in last watering to demineralized water.
gave Nutes only 1 time (small amount of BioBizz Grow)
Issue with leaves.
Suggesitons? (pics attached)
They look bad don't they? :(
Oh, can someone with a kind heart tell me if i can remove some leaves to give better light penetration without killing the growth of the plant? you know like edit pictures with paint and tell me "remove this".
And what to do with the damaged ones?
thanks in advance ^^
ps: (waiting for CalMag ordered yesterday cause my first tought was that deficiency)

Probable nutes deficiency 1st time grower
Probable nutes deficiency 1st time grower 2
Probable nutes deficiency 1st time grower 3
Probable nutes deficiency 1st time grower 4
Probable nutes deficiency 1st time grower 5
Probable nutes deficiency 1st time grower 6
Probable nutes deficiency 1st time grower 7
Last edited:
trismegisto

trismegisto

They don’t look too bad, don’t stress. Are you watering the whole container or just around the plant? Is that a coco, perlite, hydroton mix?
First of all thanks for replying and containing my noob despair XD
the only specific i could find about the soil (light mix biobizz) is that it has small amount of perlite, i added some expanded clay separately. i dont think it has coco or hydroton cause it isn't specified. about watering, not sure about the difference you are asking for, i simply water with 650-700ml per plant of demineralized water dropping it around the plant making sure i don't flush on the stem site, then i wait for few days when the soil is dried out before watering again. next watering cycle i wanted to add 1ml of Biobizz Grow per liter and 1ml of calmag per liter, is that a good amount?
Any suggestion about the yellow tips and brown spots? cant be overfert cause i fertilized one time only with like just 1 ml of biobizz grow for all the 3 plants (like extra cautious ) and the yellowing tips was already there before.
Hope i made myself clear, feel free to ask anyway if you need more info.
Thanks again ^^

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

Whats "de-minerlized water"???

right off the bat one or two yellow ones need some more N clearly, the browning on the lowers is possibly Potassium but also possible nute lockout from improper watering of coco...You need to start feeding 150 PPM every third of fourth watering, and bump it up by 50PPM every outher feed until its nice and green again.

and also i can tell your mainly in coco with some peat prolly...you been letting them dry out?
read this;

cuz your pre mixed soils should have enough food for them for that long, if you let coco dry too much you can encounter problems. check out the article above about that.

trismegisto

trismegisto

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

Whats "de-minerlized water"???

right off the bat one or two yellow ones need some more N clearly, the browning on the lowers is possibly Potassium but also possible nute lockout from improper watering of coco...You need to start feeding 150 PPM every third of fourth watering, and bump it up by 50PPM every outher feed until its nice and green again.

and also i can tell your mainly in coco with some peat prolly...you been letting them dry out?
read this;

cuz your pre mixed soils should have enough food for them for that long, if you let coco dry too much you can encounter problems. check out the article above about that.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seeds
2. How old are your plants? 28th day from germination
3. How tall are your plants? will reply ASAP need to measure them
4. What size containers are they planted in? 5 gal fabric pots (18 lts)
5. What is your soil mix? Doesn't specify on any site i checked the components of Biobizz Light Mix, will check on the bags and will update. Sure about containing small amount of perlite btw.
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? 3-4-5 days according to the soil condition. 650/700ml of water each plant
7. What is the pH of your water? No idea , soon will try calibrating again my tester and will update
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? 4-3-6 Biobizz Grow
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? nope
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") SF1000 LED light (effective W should be 100/150)
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 45 cm but i will give you a clearer measure ASAP
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 70x70x160 cm , cant measure in square feet nor understand how to calculate that, hope is enough the tent measures XD sorry i suck at math :x
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? around 50% humidity and 20/22°C temp
14. What is the pH of the soil? pH: 6.1-6.3 / EC (mS/cm): 1.2
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? None
16. How much experience do you have growing? 1st timer.

Whats "de-minerlized water"??? Demineralized water is water completely free (or almost) of dissolved minerals as a result of one of the following processes: distillation, deionization.

About ferts, i have really no clue about the PPM measure. i would measure it as milliliters :/ any hint bout that? Anyway i never fertilized basically, i dont even count the only time i did cause i gave em like 1ml of nutes for 3 plants cause i was scared to burn em down (read overfert posts so i got scared lol).

Thanks for your question list and the respective interest shown. replied to most of them and will update the remaining ones ASAP.

Jeez, is good not feeling alone in this XD

Last edited:
Oldguy71

Oldguy71

That soil should be treated like coco. I bet you just need to water properly and up your nutes. I’m not familiar with bio bizs feed schedule but generally start with 1/2 and work your way up. Maybe some bio biz folks can clarify.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Okay here we go!!
I see some burn on your leaf tips and serrations, but not too serious, i would keep you nutes the same as you have been for a while until they stop burning and want some more food. You soil is pretty hot to start with but the plants will eat it up quick. You can tell your plants are having issues aspirating, thats the variegated ridges and general drooping of the leaves indicating that there is issues in the environment. Your temps and environment seem good, so that indicates that your having issues with your soil, my guess would be watering issues as well as possible bad transplanting tech. I can tell from your pots that they were not filled out properly. How did you prep your pots for transplanting and how did you start those beans? The issue you face with tiny plants and large pots is that the pots dont aspirate properly with out a larger plant drinking. Your bottom with be wet and moist while the top will be getting dry. Not ideal. How you gauge when to water?
The stress could easily be from bad PH, get that meter dialed in and lets troubleshoot that stuff!!
Demineralized water is not ideal. Distilled water is defiantly not what you want to be using. That could easily be your issue....Why are you using that kind of water?
Long story short, dial in your watering, fix your PH meter and trouble shoot your water and run off. Lets get you on track!! They are not too bad all in all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom