Problem... I started a grow phase with 12 hour on cycle .. now what ??

• Thread starter ReggieDawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ReggieDawg

ReggieDawg

I didn't reset timer when I put new plants into grow cycle about 2 weeks ago. 2 are stretching and have white flowers on top 2 others are not streching but have the white flowers (LED lights).

I set timer back to 18 on and 6 off. Is that the right thing to do at this point ? Should I top them maybe ?

It was a newby mistake so not sure what to do about it. Any advise is appreciated... Thanks guys , glad to have this forum to turn to.

Mark

Problem i started a grow phase with 12 hour on cycle  now what

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You have 2 choices... revert to flowering and have very bushy and funky looking plants, then re-flower them OR Keep them going on the 12-12 schedule and get a little bit out of the deal and then start over, which might be a better idea due to the time lost during transition from flower back to vegg (at least 2 weeks) and reversing the vegg into flowering (another week-10 days)... so you have nearly 3 or 4 weeks tied up in stalled growth times. A 3rd option, depending on where you live, would be to put them outside where they will naturally revert to vegg growth. Then let them flower and harvest in fall... all the while growing a new set indoors!

growsince79

growsince79

I'm halfway through making seeds on a 12-12 start to finish. I think I'lI try an experiment 13-11 start to finish. I love the short fast mini plants. No need to bend over to water, and trimming is easy.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I didn't reset timer when I put new plants into grow cycle about 2 weeks ago. 2 are stretching and have white flowers on top 2 others are not streching but have the white flowers (LED lights).

I set timer back to 18 on and 6 off. Is that the right thing to do at this point ? Should I top them maybe ?

It was a newby mistake so not sure what to do about it. Any advise is appreciated... Thanks guys , glad to have this forum to turn to.

Mark

View attachment 963559

Actually, 18/6 is not ideal as each strain (Indica/Sativa) have much lower light needs, beyond which pay little to no yield dividends. Most growers use 18/6 because that's the way its been done for decades. Search engines are your friend to learn actual horticultural science

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Actually, 18/6 is not ideal as each strain (Indica/Sativa) have much lower light needs, beyond which pay little to no yield dividends. Most growers use 18/6 because that's the way its been done for decades. Search engines are your friend to learn actual horticultural science

What is ideal then? 20/4? It's true that most just follow traditions, but there's a reason for that: it works.

Cheers!!!!

ReggieDawg

ReggieDawg

Thanks for all the help and input. I went back to 12 / 12. Gonna take it as a lesson learned. I have some new seeds coming in and start over. I'm a little bummed but I'm learning and I'm enjoying being a grower so... Cheers

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

18/6 is used because many strains will flower with only 16 hrs of light. Everything indoors is a compromise for a reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom