Problem in veg stage, any ideas?

• Thread starter Travis420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Travis420

Travis420

Does anyone know what could be going on here? Leafs are starting to die off and turn black.

Problem in veg stage any ideas
Problem in veg stage any ideas 2
2Bad

2Bad

Does your auto-watering get on the leaves? and how close is your light? what kind? and intensity?

Oldbay

Oldbay

I’m with 2bad on this - loving it to death with either too much food, light or water (assuming PH and the normal stuff has been checked)

Travis420

Travis420

Overfed, what ppm/EC are you running?
Does your auto-watering get on the leaves? and how close is your light? what kind? and intensity?
The dripper do not get on the leafs, lights are about 18 inches away, and 600 watt LED.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Thats much too high for a little one.....not enough info to really know whats up.....
what ph and ppm does your water come out? what kind of water are you using? what kind of nutes are you using? how much water how often? what kind of dirt? what kind of lights and how close? what kind of food, its NPK and how often? How old are the plants and how long have you had this problem? Seeds or clones?

Moshmen

Moshmen

What ya growin in ? Sounds and looks overfed
What kind of nutes and what brand lite?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thats much too high for a little one.....not enough info to really know whats up.....
what ph and ppm does your water come out? what kind of water are you using? what kind of nutes are you using? how much water how often? what kind of dirt? what kind of lights and how close? what kind of food, its NPK and how often? How old are the plants and how long have you had this problem? Seeds or clones?
+1

Travis420

Travis420

Haven’t had this problem in coco, only with pro mix Pete moss witch we are using now , for nutrients were using Athena cleanse and bloom, I am not sure what the NPK is on that, water every other day at the moment, plants are about 10 day old clones, using R/O water in the resivor. Have had the problem for about a week now.

Reactions: PK1
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Clones came messed up? What did the clones come in? Clones came from under a weak fluorescent? What did the mom look like, what kind of media was it grown in? Peat and peralite clearly, whats the mix? No amendments? No buffering? How much water every outher day? How do the pots feel before and after? What ppm and ph is your RO water? Do you water till run off?
Why are you using those nutes at that strength? Sorry for the questions but without the info its like playing pin the tail on the donkey

You prolly do not want to use cleanse and bloom, i would back off the lights i would adjust the water based upon the weight of the pots i and would feed them only light veg food. I would personally use fish but your average veg high N nutes will work.

Unless your water is 500 ppm 700 is insane, if your water source is 500 ppm thats insane. I would be feeding these plants no more than 200ppm if anything at this point in time. Athena bloom is a 4.0.5 completely the wrong nutrient for veg.And athena cleanse is not telling me what it is, i assume a proprietary bacteria and enzyme mix, again not needed.

Travis420

Travis420

Clones came messed up? What did the clones come in? Clones came from under a weak fluorescent? What did the mom look like, what kind of media was it grown in? Peat and peralite clearly, whats the mix? No amendments? No buffering? How much water every outher day? How do the pots feel before and after? What ppm and ph is your RO water? Do you water till run off?
Why are you using those nutes at that strength? Sorry for the questions but without the info its like playing pin the tail on the donkey

You prolly do not want to use cleanse and bloom, i would back off the lights i would adjust the water based upon the weight of the pots i and would feed them only light veg food. I would personally use fish but your average veg high N nutes will work.

Unless your water is 500 ppm 700 is insane, if your water source is 500 ppm thats insane. I would be feeding these plants no more than 200ppm if anything at this point in time. Athena bloom is a 4.0.5 completely the wrong nutrient for veg.And athena cleanse is not telling me what it is, i assume a proprietary bacteria and enzyme mix, again not needed.
I was just going of the Athena normal feeding schedule. Do you think that is really to high of a ppm

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
I was just going of the Athena normal feeding schedule. Do you think that is really to high of a ppm
It's always best to start with 1/4 recommended dosage for nutes. Then work your way up to the recommended dose (or higher in some cases) as you see how the plant reacts to it.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
250 -300 (high side) is my range in veg. I've got a genetic line that's at 775 but its 4 weeks into flower

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Ditch the directions and read up!! I like to start my veg plant on food when they have fully acclimated to new soil, 10 days after planting or transplanting for sure often longer than that, then start in slow with fish. Salts can be used as well, on small plant i want to boost i like to start with 100 to 150 ppm of foods every second or third watering and bumping up by 50-100 ppm every so often really based upon the plants needs. Plants in small containers and seedlings get no food only organic stuff and i wait until i have hit rapid growth and am in 3+ gal pot.

Top Bottom