Problem with adopted plant, so I inherited this plan and it was fine during veg but then as season changed changed nutes to tiger bloom from big Bloom

• Thread starter Oregonorganic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oregonorganic

Oregonorganic

Problem with adopted plant so i inherited this plan and it was fine during veg but then as sea
Problem with adopted plant so i inherited this plan and it was fine during veg but then as sea

R

redshift75

root fungi tend to attack when they switch to flower. Could be potentially infected roots. probably too late for a broad fungicide if it were that. Like pythium blight tends to hit as they change for fall as well as a few others. Its kind of its trigger using its host to complete its own life cycle similar to active host transmission between species. Not saying its that, but i am currently dealing with this in the form of pythium blight.

assuming its not just lack of N from your nutes. Usually a tell tale sign to root infection/damage is when you get nute burn on the upper portion but still have deficiency on the bottom. its coming across like it needs more N though.

I dont use fox farm so no experience with the cycle and how it shows overall to say if its the switch to bloom.

R

redshift75

When using FoxFarm you have to mix your nutrients as a combination of All 3 (Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom) Depending in what growing stage you're in mix it accordingly. You can download the feeding chart from FF.
thats probably why it looks starved of N if he switched to the Bloom but you keep adding their base veg. that would make lots of sense by how it looks. they look starved of base nutes by how its creeping up old growth. edit: again i dont use FF products outside the soil now and again

Chinook3

Chinook3

Yes very similar to what happened to me. This will be my last year for Fox Farm products. I purchased their trio pack. What the bottles say to use is 180 degrees different from the chart. Too many other products out there to put up with this. I am still babysitting my grow to get back on track.

Chinook3

blasius

blasius

Yes very similar to what happened to me. This will be my last year for Fox Farm products. I purchased their trio pack. What the bottles say to use is 180 degrees different from the chart. Too many other products out there to put up with this. I am still babysitting my grow to get back on track.

Chinook3
Yes, the problem with the FF chart is that it's based on the 700 ppm scale, while a ppm meter could be based on a 500ppm scale, meaning that your readings won't match the chart but instead appear way off. So what I do is just multiply the chart defined ppm by (eyeballed; you can use more precise math) 0.75 to compensate, and usually my readings are very close (Using FF and a 500ppm based meter)

Oregonorganic

Oregonorganic

Chinook3
Thanks for your help, any suggestions or tips, I'm a first timer and I don't have much experience with fixing problem plants

Oregonorganic

Oregonorganic

Chinook3
Thanks for your help, any suggestions or tips, I'm a first timer and I don't have much experience with fixing problem plant

Oregonorganic

Oregonorganic

root fungi tend to attack when they switch to flower. Could be potentially infected roots. probably too late for a broad fungicide if it were that. Like pythium blight tends to hit as they change for fall as well as a few others. Its kind of its trigger using its host to complete its own life cycle similar to active host transmission between species. Not saying its that, but i am currently dealing with this in the form of pythium blight.

assuming its not just lack of N from your nutes. Usually a tell tale sign to root infection/damage is when you get nute burn on the upper portion but still have deficiency on the bottom. its coming across like it needs more N though.

I dont use fox farm so no experience with the cycle and how it shows overall to say if its the switch to bloom.
Thanks for your help, any suggestions or tips, I'm a first timer and I don't have much experience with fixing problem plants

Oregonorganic

Oregonorganic

Yes, the problem with the FF chart is that it's based on the 700 ppm scale, while a ppm meter could be based on a 500ppm scale, meaning that your readings won't match the chart but instead appear way off. So what I do is just multiply the chart defined ppm by (eyeballed; you can use more precise math) 0.75 to compensate, and usually my readings are very close (Using FF and a 500ppm based meter)

Chinook3

Chinook3

Nobodies grows are identical.
I determined what were the amounts of nutrients I thought should be fed, primarily from their chart. Started at reduced rate. I also used a little fish fert in my days of water only to keep a little N going, since they had not gotten much. Watch your plants and see how they respond.
Be nimble and watch things, stuff happens quick as fall approaches.
Hope that helps!

Chinook3

Latest posts

Top Bottom