Problem with autoflower seedling that had seed shell pulled off

• Thread starter AutoFlow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
First off, I would like to apologize for the, I don’t put them in shitty soil statement. In hindsight, it looked pretty condescending and it wasn’t meant to be. Those solos were probably started around March 10. Under cheap Barrina LEDs in a cubbyhole. That picture is April 4. The soil is the same soil in all of these photos. The same soil that they will finish in in 30 and 40 gallon pots. They haven’t been fed anything in any of these pictures. And they probably won’t get fed anything until harvest if things go right. Other than recharge. I mix it up ahead of time using last year’s soil amended. As you can see, they get moved out under more powerful LEDs when they are pretty young. I don’t like to clog your thread with more pictures. But two more just to show the progression. Next one is April 21 and the third one is May 11.
403A314D 45D9 4355 888A CD61C59467EE
1B846556 CA30 49E8 91DC F80B8C7B707E

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Since May 11 I have taken them outside to sunbathe a few times but I don’t leave them out. I don’t think I want to screw around with the hours of daylight and have them flower prematurely. I’ve done that before and it’s inexcusable. For Barrena to foot LEDs 10 bucks each. The 2 4 foot LEDs 30 bucks each. They are 120 watts each, 5000 K, 13,000 lumens each. The weather here is well into the 90s now. I have put about half of them out permanently. Will probably try and up part into larger pots and get them into their final home this weekend or next. From the middle of June till the middle of September, it is over 100° every day here, but they seem to like it. These plants can adapt to a wide variety of environments. You have to dance with mother nature instead of fighting her. You are learning, and I think the most difficult part of the journey is getting them from the seed to three or four nodes. after that, it is cake! You will suffer a few disappointments, but you will learn, and then it’s off to the races, baby! Keep posting, and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate! 👍

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Since May 11 I have taken them outside to sunbathe a few times but I don’t leave them out. I don’t think I want to screw around with the hours of daylight and have them flower prematurely. I’ve done that before and it’s inexcusable. For Barrena to foot LEDs 10 bucks each. The 2 4 foot LEDs 30 bucks each. They are 120 watts each, 5000 K, 13,000 lumens each. The weather here is well into the 90s now. I have put about half of them out permanently. Will probably try and up part into larger pots and get them into their final home this weekend or next. From the middle of June till the middle of September, it is over 100° every day here, but they seem to like it. These plants can adapt to a wide variety of environments. You have to dance with mother nature instead of fighting her. You are learning, and I think the most difficult part of the journey is getting them from the seed to three or four nodes. after that, it is cake! You will suffer a few disappointments, but you will learn, and then it’s off to the races, baby! Keep posting, and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate! 👍
I use Barina 4' t-8 LED for vegging. 5000k color temp. They have been the best at vegging due to more blue in the spectrum. I also have eight 8' led full spectrum lights in my greenhouse. They work great and I frequently recommend using these lights in this way.

They work well don't they?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Darn right they do grandpa! This is my first attempt to get an early start and I’m surprised at how good the results have been and how simple it actually is! Obviously, looking at my shit, there is nothing high-tech about it! L O L! I keep telling people, vegging pot. Plants ain’t rocket science!

AutoFlow

AutoFlow

No problem man no need to apologize. The plants in your pictures look very good.

I only have experience outdoors as indoors is illegal where im at and dont want to take risk, neither have budget for the setup. The 3 previous times i had plants outdoors they were pre-grown for me so from seed is new to me. Back then i used the same soil type as now, one time i had special cannabis nutrients other time just basic plants nutrients cant remember exactly.

I have extreme low expectations so everything will be a bonus. Plus its early in the year, sort of a practice run for when the best weather hits and i set the next 3 autoflowers. Its allot of fun to get back into and to learn and get better at it, not gonna happen by itself.

Here found some pictures of plants from 2012. Haze strain (non-auto) that was pre-grown to about 15 inches in a indoor setup, also made a little clone for testing. Had lots of problems of caterpillars then, luckily they easy to spot with a light at night. Removed like 10+ of those mofo's every day for half a week.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Plants look sweet! Looks like you know what you’re doing! If you can just get that start down, you’re golden! I’ve never had a caterpillar, but my grow is out where there is no ambient light. To attract moths. my brother gets them, and like you, pics and pics and pics. Still has them falling out onto his drying room floor! Lol.

AutoFlow

AutoFlow

Thought id post a small update on the plant with its rough start, turns out its bad luck wasn't over after the one cotyledon being ripped of during germination. While repotting the bottom 60-70% of the earth/root ball broke off, leaving only 30% of it attached to the plant.

During this it pulled the plant into the soil un till the leaves prevented it from going further as it been pulled on by the bottom part of the soil ball, so i had to pull it back up leaving basically only 20-30% left of existing roots...

This was a few days ago but now we are 2-3 days later and it seems to be still alive, fighting back and doing better then ever 🤣

On this photo it is 25 days old since start of germination process.

RoyalBluematicDay25

A

alpha.ganjaguy

when they said some stress can be good I don't think all this is what they had in mind lol 🤣

but she does look like shes handling it without a complaint so..

Top Bottom