Problem with eye hortilux super hps

• Thread starter eebwen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eebwen

eebwen

I bought two eye hortilux 1000w super hps bulbs. I ran one for 14 weeks and had a problem getting my girls to finish. The other light I ran for 10 weeks and had a problem getting my girls to finish. I just checked the lumens and they are only at 30,000 lumens 2 feet away. I’m running galaxy digital ballasts. What the hell is going on with the bulbs? Thank you

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What do you mean problem getting them to finish?

i have used many hortilux super hps bulbs (600w) and never had a problem or failure.

i never tested the lux though.

growsince79

growsince79

I bought two eye hortilux 1000w super hps bulbs. I ran one for 14 weeks and had a problem getting my girls to finish. The other light I ran for 10 weeks and had a problem getting my girls to finish. I just checked the lumens and they are only at 30,000 lumens 2 feet away. I’m running galaxy digital ballasts. What the hell is going on with the bulbs? Thank you
Probably the ballast.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Trichomes having difficulty turning cloudy

that can be a strain thing, longer flowering needed, nutrient stress, environmental stress, etc. They dont need much light to finish. I back away the light a bit the last two weeks for best results.

growsince79

growsince79

Is your ballast turned all the way up? Some have a 25% to 100% knob...just askin...
Never measured a 1000w with a light meter. But at 2', it should be more than enough to make huge ripe buds. Maybe someone here can check and verify lux reading.

Top Bottom