problem with harvest

• Thread starter cosmic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cosmic

hello all,

i appreciate your time in reading my post and appreciate any comments and feedback.
this is my first indoor hydro grow with big buddga cheese. i made a mistake and didn't top the plant and now i think i am in my 8th week of flower. the plant is huge, about 5ft and still growing ! the lower stems have produced big buds that run a couple of inches down the stem, and the hairs on them have gone brown now and its really sticky. i've got about four of those but the main central bit is still growing. i don't know what to do ? do i start flushing and take off the lower branches next week ? it seems like the central bit is not ready.
how long will the buds look sticky and brown ?

H

hydrotran

best thing is take clear pictures and post it. Its hard to tell without any pictures.

hiboy

hiboy

Pics do help,
What i did last time i had too much of a canopy was harvest the finished buds and then let the lowers in my case go another week. Gave me plenty of time to trim what i cut, then continue with the lowers. I would flush for a week .
h

J

JCashman

pics do help, its true :P

but anyhow, run out to radio shack or something similar and get a pocket microscope for 10 bucks. use that to look at the trichs (crystals/resin glands), you want them milky and starting to turn amber.

also look at the hairs, when they are red/orange/brown and starting to recede into the calyx(sp?) they are also just about done.

GoodLuck!

JC

C

cosmic

hi folks,

if you click on cosmics gallery you'll see 8 photos that i took this morning. i did notice that the bottom half of the main stem/stalk is turning orange/brown, but the top half is still growing with white hairs on. the bottom stalks are all orange ish and are glistening and sticky. so i've started to flush and will just have to see what i can get off the main stalk. how long does the bud stay in the harvest window before it starts losing potency ? ideally i'd let it finish growing but i've got a house inspection in 2 weeks so i've got to get everything down and cleared up. so i'm thinking a week of flushing and then harvest time. i've been reading loads of info on this site regarding harvesting and curing and have sumised to just hang them for a week and then put them in the glass jars.
i've learnt loads from this first grow, will be topping and have a frame next time. i took 6 babies off this plant and three have rooted and are already in large rock wool cubes, so will be on those after.
please take a look at my photos and any comments will be greatly received, thanks for your time and attention

C

cosmic

Photo0185

Photo0190

Photo0192

Photo0194

Photo0187

Photo0186

its a bit of a monster plant lol. i've learnt alot from this first one and i'm hoping the babies i took off this one will be an altogether different story.
this one is still growing and it should be at the end of the flowering stage now, is that because i didn't top it ? does it just carry on growing up ? i've read that they can grow to 12FT !!
how long does the plant stay at the harvest stage before the plant reduces in potency ? i've got a week of flushing then will need to start drying it. it will be a shame because i think i'm going to lose quite a bit.

J

JCashman

as long as you learn something from each run, it was a success ;)

S

SSHZ

Looks like you got a month to go IMO..........airy buds, loads of wht hairs.

C

cosmic

@SSHZ
if i could i'd just let her finish growing, but i've got an inspection soon and need to get everything cleared up. i've done a couple of things wrong and will just cut my losses and harvest what i can.

jyip

jyip

to bad ya gotta take it down cosmic, but now ya got some ex under ur belt for next one right....

S

SSHZ

Gotcha....... if it was me, I'd harvest as late as possible and turn it into hash. That will concentrate the trichomes and give a better buzz.

Latest posts

Top Bottom