Problem With Humidity, Is This Unit It Ok

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Hi all,

Been having an issue with humidity, new autoflower grow (2 weeks today), in Coco & Perlite, grow.room is only 60x60x140, so small,

Temp is always around 24-26°, Humidity was sitting at 28-30°, can get it to 41°with a wet sponge and fan , was suggested to get a humidifier, don't have the money so I bought a 2nd hand one for £10, works fine (link below)

https://www.gmvtrade.co.uk/challenge-3-5-litre-ultrasonic-humidifier.html

I hope it does the job for the room, what do you think ??

Izzy

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hi all,

Been having an issue with humidity, new autoflower grow (2 weeks today), in Coco & Perlite, grow.room is only 60x60x140, so small,

Temp is always around 24-26°, Humidity was sitting at 28-30°, can get it to 41°with a wet sponge and fan , was suggested to get a humidifier, don't have the money so I bought a 2nd hand one for £10, works fine (link below)

https://www.gmvtrade.co.uk/challenge-3-5-litre-ultrasonic-humidifier.html

I hope it does the job for the room, what do you think ??

Izzy

I had a similar sonic humidifier and it worked well for a tent as long as you dint have to exhaust to quickly but dont use tap water or it will spray a fine dust on everything.

I had to use ro water with it.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Hi Mimedgrower,

Hells bells do I have to buy a RO filter kit,

Will boiled water do as a cheap option

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hi Mimedgrower,

Hells bells do I have to buy a RO filter kit,

Will boiled water do as a cheap option

Dont think so. Does boiling remove calcium?

I use a fan/filter type 5 gallon whole house humidifier now. With tap water you need the anti bacterial additive and filter replacements.

But i still use ro water to help filters last longer.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Yeah im def need a replacement filter, looking now, finding it difficult, maybe due to the ahe (6 years old), Challenge is an Argos brand I think, this cheap unit may turn out to be a lot more expensive than I first thought

Latest posts

Top Bottom