problem with indoor stretch during flower. HELP!

• Thread starter bonerface
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bonerface

Hi guys,

Im on my second grow and everything has been clockwork up until recently. Im growing one larry og, one planetary og, one hawaii og, one blue dream, one green crack and one train wreck. All plants are in 5 gal soil pots of ocean forest.

My problem is my trainwreck plant, she is stretching like crazy, all of the other plants are nice squat indica looking plants but the trainwreck is probably twice the length of the others. Im growing in a tent so height will be an issue eventually but im more so worried about the lack of light to the other 5 plants and the lack of space for light penetration and airflow.

Im wondering if anyone has any ideas for this issue, I was just going to kill the trainwreck to maximize on the other 5 but I would really really like tl see what the trainwreck will do because it is by far the most vigorous. Im stumped on what to do here, im also running out of flowering time so stress to the plant will screw me. I have exactly 8 weeks left and they need to be choped. Also im only in week 1 of flower:(

Thanks in advance for any advise you can give!

M

mdTHC420

either super crop it to desired height or just chop the tops off at the wanted height.

E

E.T.

welcome to growing trainwreck.....top, supercrop....do whatever it takes. you'll be happier with the other's succeeding at the cost of the one trainwreck. i've learned the hard way on growing 'like' varieties together.....especially if you have space restrictions. knowing how much a plant will stretch is pretty important... it can ruin your crop if you aren't getting enough light to the majority of your ladies...
get rid of that trainwreck....you'll thank me later. if you really want to run it, then run a full tent of it next time.

S

Steve Z

your gonna maximize yield by ridding the trainwreck, so all the others can get good light.

or you can supercrop, bend tie and lay sideways. but next to those green crack they will tower over them. most OGs i've done have stretched a bit too, if thats real larry it should be stretchin like that TW

good luck whatever you do, if you have a pic we could possibly give you a better detail of what could/cant be done.

word

A

andy107

What steve z said, pics would help us alot..but im also wondering instead of killing your TW if shes only been in flower one week i dont think it would hurt her if you took her out of your flower chamber and put her in veg again.

T

tiger

Hey what up, I wouldn't suggest topping or super cropping at this point. the plants need time to recover from these techniques and you're already in flower, basically you'll f up and yield you could be getting. You could try to bend and tie the top down to stakes or wires. if you take the train back to veg it's def. goin to trip out and take a hott sec. to come back, but you could do this as andy suggested. I didn't see anyone suggesting any nutrients to help with this problem. although I haven't used it in soil, bush master from humboldt is pretty bomb. I hit up my girls with it once in veg and then once the first week of flower. I would def. use a quarter to half of what they recommend though as its strong stuff. you'll see the tops and new growth kinda wrinkle and stuff usually by the next day when you use it. it pretty much stops the stretching and helps with overall yield by doing so. I use it every time with all my genetics. I know i dont have any pics, but i'll hopefully be posting some soon. as i know those speak much louder than words: ) good luck fellow farmer!!

G

Genius Genetics

you could bend that trainwreck down
tw usually has very bendy/flexable stems
you could bend it like an L shape with the top bent down
or even bend it more like a U turn

just tie some string to the top of the plant and bend it down to your desired hieght
then tie the other end of the string to the very bottom of the plants main stem or to something heavy

but dont tie the string to tight round the plant you dont want to strangle it

OGONLY

OGONLY

The easiest thing to do IMO is go to the hydro store and buy the small bottle (like $40, will last a LONG time) of Phosphoload or Bushmaster. These products halt virticle growth right where it is. The plant still bushes out and the stuff increases yield too. I know because I have done a side by side test.

Do not follow the bottle directions or you will burn your plants. The stuff is strong! Directions say start feeding them day 16 of flower. You only need to feed them the stuff for 3 days and you're done. If you google "Phosphoload instructions" you will find a PDF file that gives step by step instructions on the PROPER dosage. I use it at 4 ml. per gallon and it always works for me with my stretchy OGs.

phenotyper

phenotyper

The easiest thing to do IMO is go to the hydro store and buy the small bottle (like $40, will last a LONG time) of Phosphoload or Bushmaster. These products halt virticle growth right where it is. The plant still bushes out and the stuff increases yield too. I know because I have done a side by side test.

Do not follow the bottle directions or you will burn your plants. The stuff is strong! Directions say start feeding them day 16 of flower. You only need to feed them the stuff for 3 days and you're done. If you google "Phosphoload instructions" you will find a PDF file that gives step by step instructions on the PROPER dosage. I use it at 4 ml. per gallon and it always works for me with my stretchy OGs.

Good advice.

I would reveg and supercrop the trainwreck. When put back into flower use the bushmaster or phosphoload immediately. I mixed a few plants a while back before I had my current setup, and while 2/3 strains flourished, my 707headband suffered because of uneven canopy. It won't be worth to keep the trainwreck.

I grew trainwreck before I knew of these products and I was tying and bending like crazy. I run bushmaster in both soil and hempy at about 1ml per gallon and it works fantastically. My canopy is always even, and this is crucial because I use a light on a mover that always has the same vertical height.

Trainwreck is a really interesting plant to grow. Like little bunches of grapes falling off of a grapevine. Try adding some silica to strengthen those stems before the buds put on weight, or you will be tying shit down (or up, as the buds swell) a couple of times a week.

B

bonerface

Thanks for all of the quick responses, so im tossed up between super cropping or topping. I would hate to chuck it but it would probably help the other 5. Would supercropping be better or topping? I would go the bushmaster route but I really don't want to spend anymore money this go around.

Thanks!

B

bonerface

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, im not going to be able to go the bushmaster route due to having to move soon and budget is tight. Insteading of chopping I moved it as far over to the side of the room as I could. Only about 6 inches and dropped the light closer to the others. Im hoping it will stretch sideways a little instead of growing upwards still. If this doesn't work ill just pull it. It did give me alot more space amazingly with a little twisting and turning of pots here and there.

Oh, the larry is stretching a good amount as well but no where near the same amount as the twreck.

Do you guys suggest lifting the smaller bushes up on blocks to make a level canopy or should I just let the more vigorous plants have at it naturally?

B

bastard_x

you will learn your strains and begin to understand the different strains characteristics. the tw will yield big but it needs those big branches to produce big colas. Your answer is "lst" bending those branches and position them like gumby arms to fill any space that light shines on. If you run veg and flower at the same time in seperate rooms then give the tw half the time for veg that you would for the kush's or squat plants. that way they get a fair head start. after you finish the tw and see how it rates quality/potency you might decide to utilize your space on something better. wich was my expierience with the particular cut that i had.

Latest posts

Top Bottom