Problem with Lucas method ppm numbers

• Thread starter AzGrowGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AzGrowGuy

AzGrowGuy

Having problems with my DWC set up, so I thought it might be beneficial to go to a simpler nutrient schedule. I saw some positive feedback of the Lucas schedule which only uses GH flora micro and blue in a 1:2 ratio.

for seedlings, it recommends half the regular dosage. That works out to 4 ML of micro, and 8 ML of Bloom per gallon. That works out to 5.5 teaspoons of micro and 3.75 tablespoons of bloom for 7 gallons of distilled water.

I added that and mixed it up and ended up at 900ppm on my pen. What am I doing wrong here?

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Hey bud ph is a major factor with dwc what's yours at? I had issues with hard water creating lockout in mine also, are you using atleast filtered water if not reverse osmosis?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Lucas formula is great. They say no need for meters. However, when you're at 4-8, 5-10...up till you're full strength, the ph won't be 5.8ish.
You're going lighter, so your ph is a little higher. I also do add 1 ml of cal mag, as it's often needed by some strains

AzGrowGuy

AzGrowGuy

My ph is 5.85 and I’m using distilled water. Is 900ppm at the 4/8ml/gallon normal?

Latest posts

Top Bottom