Problem with my 1st plant, please help?

• Thread starter Melvwarno
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Melvwarno

Melvwarno

Been researching what could be the problem and the cause, but I have no solid idea and no good remedies to solve it? And help for a first time grower much appreciated! :)

Problem with my 1st plant please help
Problem with my 1st plant please help 2
Problem with my 1st plant please help 3
Problem with my 1st plant please help 4
Problem with my 1st plant please help 5
Problem with my 1st plant please help 6
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

There are probably multiple things wrong here, but we can only guess with this limited information.

It looks like there was a bit of N toxicity at some point in the past, but the main issue now, I'm guessing, is wet soil and dying roots.

Ever take pH?

Melvwarno

Melvwarno

Okay, so my father in law and I got our 1st plant, it’s been watered, fed tomato feed a little, I think the light has been too close because the leaves are curling, but I have no idea, is there anything you recommend and if you need any more info I’ll tell you everything I can

Melvwarno

Melvwarno

Just saw the “ph” bit, I I haven’t and I wouldn’t know how to, also he’s been looking after it mostly these past 3 weeks and I noticed a dish that the pot is sat in and it’s full of water, I’m guessing he’s over watered it?

Ponky

Ponky

Well. That's an air cooling light housing. Your supposed to have it hooked up to a 6" duct fan. And it's probably cooked the plant. You would have to make lots of changes for a nice successful grow. Over watering number killer of plants. You need to air cool the light. Add a fan and separate ducting and fresh air coming in. Etc. And you'll want to buy specific plant food. That much space can grow all your smoke. But will take some work.

chemistry

chemistry

What bulb are you using in the cool tube? Tomato feed is not good for Weed, you need a general purpose feed or nuits suited to growing weed.

Melvwarno

Melvwarno

Done a few adjustments like the 2 fans, 1 on the floor and one on the wall for the light, can this plant be saved or not? Also I sprayed the walls and the plant with water to help cool?also the hole in the roof is the only type of ventilation I have at the minute

76C1EA7D 34A2 4D7F 8D83 62418DDC41F2
54AC9594 7312 4078 A7BC C130803636FA
F3609973 DA45 42EB B988 39B40505A153
E5046261 5BD8 4A7E A9F9 46D8D15E517E
Melvwarno

Melvwarno

Should I put the small black fan I have on the wall onto the other side of the tube?

crossfader

crossfader

Don't keep it sitting in that pan on the floor, raise the pot to get some airflow under her. Good luck!✌️

karolanne

karolanne

Should I put the small black fan I have on the wall onto the other side of the tube?
How a cool tube works is that you have to put a fan on one end, and an exhaust to outside your tent on the other end. Otherwise, the heat stay in your tent. So the fan push the hot air in the cool tube, to the exhaust fan and out of your tent. It gives you nothing to push the air on one side and keep it in the tent.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
fix the light situation. she is burned up. put some golf balls in the saucer and sit the plant on them so it is not sitting in water EVER.

is that soil? if it is, you probably dont need too worry about ph. the soil will balance it for you.

what size pot? you only have it half full, that is not great. you might try repotting with more soil (to the top) and add some perlite to the soil.

dont water till she is dry. to figure out if she is dry go by weight. it should be light like sawdust. even if you wait too long, it will bounce right back, but if you water too soon it wont. if you are in soil, dont water to run off. water till you see a bit of water come out, but like a tablespoon not a cup.

chemistry

chemistry

Done a few adjustments like the 2 fans, 1 on the floor and one on the wall for the light, can this plant be saved or not? Also I sprayed the walls and the plant with water to help cool?also the hole in the roof is the only type of ventilation I have at the minute

You could save it, but you need to vent out of the box to stand a chance of controlling our environment.

Madmax

Madmax

Maybe throw a fan in that hole in ceiling to extract the hot air out.you could even run some ducting from it to the light ..just thinking how warm the room is outside your grow space whether you need a small ac or something that brings cool air into the grow space..

Melvwarno

Melvwarno

I’ve read that the room isn’t humid enough so I’ve put a pan of boiling water in there along side a wet t shirt, Google said it would help, also I’ve put my small black fan as close to the light as possible to help blow some hot air from the tube out, I’ve also put 2 wooden pieces under the pot inside the pan to keep it above the water that comes out, I’ve attatched some pics, my friend says it’s not gonna survive

3FA1728B 1F16 4AB1 BB0B 37209419D124
61D6105E E1DA 4283 8007 D6AA096F43FF
BBF07DCD 19B3 4523 95F3 1CA2A5944223
55C92F82 197A 4493 9886 5C7E71978D4F
1363384E CA3B 47D4 9389 1B2E1614669F
F1FED9E8 0E9D 45B6 8732 189FF6AF0F2F
AD37C87C CCAE 41F2 A9E8 3AE08C592ABB
Melvwarno

Melvwarno

The only 2 fans I have available are the ones in the pictures, if I should move either of them please let me know, I have a feeling though that the stuff I have isn’t going to save this plant 🪴 should I keep the light on or should I turn it off for abit to let the plant cool down? I have the light on my sleep pattern so like 7-9am- 11pm

Top Bottom