Problem With Soil

• Thread starter mllr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vagiboy1987

I disagree the nuclear option is always an option. Today its just a few but as we lol know shit can hit the fan pretty fast. Better safe than sorry. As for any chemicals I'd say not thats why I just use glue traps

V

vagiboy1987

Sometimes fellas. I get on here and I feel like an 80 year old man writing to one of those old FoxFire books lol. I'm old school as hell and I'm a cheap bastard. I just think if old Habib in circa 2000 BC riding his camel and shit can get by on nature so can I. I think thats where the trend is leading, I research I test and honestly guys some of the simplest no shit grand pappy style methods actually work better. Now I do have a nice setup with some pretty cool toys and equipment but honestly half my expensive equipment I don't ever use because some Jerry rigged wild ass idea worked out better

mllr

mllr

I already put this yellow stripes to catch the fungus
The good thing about predator insects is that you can get them for soil and plant. Think of each potted plan as its own little ecosystem. The entire grow area as a forest. In nature you have insects that live all around, in soil and pretty much everywhere else. In a grow situation you have the benefit of tilting the population in your favor to suit your needs. The centipede is more of a ground and soil predator it will kill bugs and larvae in the soil. Ladybugs will kill on the canopy. The worms are beneath obviously they will eat fungus and break down nutrients for you, I'd suggest adding a few earthworms to each pot and a box of ladybugs to the grow area. It will also help.in my experience to false mulch the pot. Go buy one of those coco fiber bowls that go in hanging pots ( dollar store a 12" one is like $1 or less) cut a slit in one side and a hole in the middle for your plant and simply place it over your pot.this will help with water retention on your plant and with soil temperature. It also provides a better living environment for soil born insects. Hope that helps.
Thanks alot i already put yellow strips for fugnus gnats . I put other worms from my worms of fertilizer . I will keep the predator and centipede i hope they not start to eat plant root . Thanks again help me alot with this all information!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I disagree the nuclear option is always an option. Today its just a few but as we lol know shit can hit the fan pretty fast. Better safe than sorry. As for any chemicals I'd say not thats why I just use glue traps
Nuclear is an option of course as i said at a prior reply, what you had suggested is not nuclear so i said no need to go nuclear by which i mean chemicals, insecticides, herbicides, fungicides, pesticides etc. Being extra vigilant and going nuclear are not the same.

mllr

mllr

This worms i put 2-3 per pot have 3 pots i will grow at pots hope they not start to get out of pots :D

IMG 7472
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
This worms i put 2-3 per pot have 3 pots i will grow at pots hope they not start to get out of pots :D
If you keep them well fed with organic materials they won’t :)

V

vagiboy1987

Yes and no. Yes they need some sort of food source but that can come from your compost so you won't have to directly feed them.

mllr

mllr

Yes and no. Yes they need some sort of food source but that can come from your compost so you won't have to directly feed them.
My pots are 2;9 L and 1 textpot 8 L and i dont know the food will be enough to eat like i said my soil mixture is from peat bio fertilizer coco brick and i put 1:3 fertilizer california worms thats the name . And i found the worms in this package fertilizer california worm

V

vagiboy1987

Nuclear is an option of course as i said at a prior reply, what you had suggested is not nuclear so i said no need to go nuclear by which i mean chemicals, insecticides, herbicides, fungicides, pesticides etc. Being extra vigilant and going nuclear are not the same.
Oh OK I thought you were saying my method was nuclear I was thinking of course that option is a good one even if it is nuclear. I'm with you now i m not big on any kind of chemical or pesticides. Mostly because I have bees and it'll kill them but I just don't see the point of them

V

vagiboy1987

If your uncomfortable with it just add a little organic compost to the top but with 3 worms it should be fine the will only reproduce when conditions are right. Such as plentiful food sources. Worms produce asexually they are true hermaphrodotes. They carry both male speem and female eggs and either fertile themselves or "mate" by swapping sperm through their skin. The little band on earthworms is where they do it at. They secrete a glue like substance and attach to one another and while they don't actually fertilize each others eggs they swap their sperm and fertilize their own eggs when ready. They only do this in occasions where the population of worms from one parent is too high ( too many clones so no genetic diversity) thus swapping sperm, or when food sources and conditions are perfect.if there is not enough food to support a new population they will not reproduce.

Top Bottom