Problematic Plant/COCO medium/FFOF issues?

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Here is my 2 cents if I had this plant. Go get 5 gallons of distilled water. Add calmag according to the bottle, microbes if ya got em, and ph to 5.8-62. Water thoroughly and discard the runoff...however much that is but you should have some. Let it dry out at least 2 days (probably 3-4 with that mix), then repeat. This will concentrate on root growth...you need a healthy root system. Your soil mix has enough nutrients for awhile. When I follow this ‘recipe’ to get really good roots going first, then the rest follows. My problem is flower time when I want to feed all the PK booster cuz bigger is better. 🥴

Got you! So i flushed the plant out with my water thats from the tap, phed at 6.5 without calmag, i did exactly the opposite of what you said. LOLOL, not on purpose, i didnt see your post till afterwards,but thats okay, we will see how this goes, im not stressingabout this like i used to, this is now an experiment.

I just did the pot test, the weight test, to see a full saturated pot, and man wow that did make a world of a difference, people kept telling me to do it but i was like Meh, it cant be that much of a difference so screw it. I should listen to my elders hahahaha, that made a huge difference, i see the weight now of a full pot that had run off. I feel alot better already about watering, if this plant doesnt come back, im motivated for the next set, because now i know what im doing.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Yeah I think it could be a couple things but your advice is right. Straight distilled or RO reconstituted with about 150ppm cal mag and water till good run off.

I would say do it with tap but that chloramine level. I'm betting he is gonna see a big improvement in appearance.

I also think the plant doesn't look bad at all just needs some adjustments to practices and he is off to the races.

So motivating brother, Thank you!! Like i said, i didnt see the post till afterwards, so we will have to see how this plays out. Im going to the store tonight to stock up on some distilled until i can get a RO filter. ill stay stocked on distilled and do a 50/50 distilled/tap watering everytime, since i dont have the best water? I know i might still have some issues but maybe that will reduce it.

My first grow was probably successful because of the 50/50 distilled to tap water ratio i was using. Im stoked to go back really, i never thought about that being an issue.

I wont stop saying this,until i get a full damn plant grown, and even then, ill just say it more, but still super extremely highly appreciative of ALL the feedback, this has happened to me for the past couple months and ive gotten no where, i come to THCfarmer, now im battling this battle and i can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel. im going to get there. i will fucking do it LOL.

TerriR

TerriR

So motivating brother, Thank you!! Like i said, i didnt see the post till afterwards, so we will have to see how this plays out. Im going to the store tonight to stock up on some distilled until i can get a RO filter. ill stay stocked on distilled and do a 50/50 distilled/tap watering everytime, since i dont have the best water? I know i might still have some issues but maybe that will reduce it.

My first grow was probably successful because of the 50/50 distilled to tap water ratio i was using. Im stoked to go back really, i never thought about that being an issue.

I wont stop saying this,until i get a full damn plant grown, and even then, ill just say it more, but still super extremely highly appreciative of ALL the feedback, this has happened to me for the past couple months and ive gotten no where, i come to THCfarmer, now im battling this battle and i can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel. im going to get there. i will fucking do it LOL.
...and then you can come back with the NEXT problem...like all of us! lol 😂

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Even more demotivating, is the one plant i have watered well, thats growing like a BEASSTTTT.... Well hes all fucking deformed :( I finally get something going and hes deformed 😅😅
Any ideas? i was just letting him grow. he seems to fix himself as it grows.

20191028 155702
20191028 142843
TerriR

TerriR

Even more demotivating, is the one plant i have watered well, thats growing like a BEASSTTTT.... Well hes all fucking deformed :( I finally get something going and hes deformed 😅😅
Any ideas? i was just letting him grow. he seems to fix himself as it grows.
Traumatic brain injury? Pitbull bite? I would just let it grow...you will remove those bottom leaves someday anyway.

TerriR

TerriR

I would mix 50/50 and water till you get a decent run off maybe 20%. But that's just me i'm not a coco grower
IMO, if you mix soil (FFOF) with coco, then you are not growing in coco. You are growing in soil, so follow soil protocols. I think coco is an advanced technique...and I am going back to soil after my Maui Wowie and 9 pound hammer get done. 😁

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

IMO, if you mix soil (FFOF) with coco, then you are not growing in coco. You are growing in soil, so follow soil protocols. I think coco is an advanced technique...and I am going back to soil after my Maui Wowie and 9 pound hammer get done. 😁
Yeah I was assuming ( we all know where that gets ya) was more like coco. I have a promix grow going I water till I get run off. Was just assuming coco mix would have even more drainage and be treated like coco. Glad you popped in cause I'm learning here too 👍

Not even finished a full indoor soil grow so I'm just applying what knowledge I have to how I feel it will react.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ok 2 ppm chlorine is the max but still safe. If there is really a related problem can be nuetralized. And the plant is simply showing that it is watered too much and has soggy roots. An indicator is the thick downturned lower leaves. They go yellow next if keep overwatering.

And the twisted leaves on the other plant shown is pretty common with seedlings that have some stress. She will grow out of it if watered properly. I guess its nute or ph stress but i always see it work itself out. I have a young plant now that did it and she is fine.

TerriR

TerriR

Ok 2 ppm chlorine is the max but still safe. If there is really a related problem can be nuetralized. And the plant is simply showing that it is watered too much and has soggy roots. An indicator is the thick downturned lower leaves. They go yellow next if keep overwatering.

And the twisted leaves on the other plant shown is pretty common with seedlings that have some stress. She will grow out of it if watered properly. I guess its nute or ph stress but i always see it work itself out. I have a young plant now that did it and she is fine.
Look at all the pics, MI...the plant is uber dry.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
The plant was VERY VERY DRY, it definitely never had a good watering from the start, so now i think its intaking all the water i FINALLY gave it and its drinking up like fuck. Could that be the case? or am i just making shit up?

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
The plant was VERY VERY DRY, it definitely never had a good watering from the start, so now i think its intaking all the water i FINALLY gave it and its drinking up like fuck. Could that be the case? or am i just making shit up?

SO i originally posted that the plant was overwatered, but maybe i was to new to know that it was actually underwatered and the root ball was like a rock not receiving water?? This plant from the get go, just hasnt had a good watering routine, that is for sure.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
When i transplanted and took the rootball off, i literally smacked all the dust off it, and it came off dusty as hell, got in my face etc.

I ORIGINALLY posted it was overwatered because thats what i thought, with theleaves and everything and how they turned yellow, but like i said, maybe i was to much of a newb and it was underwatered? and now its getting all the water in the world and showing it??

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Last update before work, this is 6 hours after the watering, roughly. Looking pretty overwatered now. But could be just because hes sucking up all the water from being pretty dried out? Got about a 4 hour work night, light goes off in about an hour so well see how she does on the next light cycle in a couple hours. i know itll take days for the recovery. hopefully i can see some motivating improvements though. triex to get a nice soil pic, its well saturated i believe! If i get this thing to grow, wow what a story this guy will have lol.

20191028 165038
20191028 165047
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
So i come home from work, the light turns on and i take a peek. Shes looking GOOD!! i think weve done it. I think it was under watered, and then i just smacked it with a bunch of water, it took that all in hydrated up and i think i moistened the roots back up. Maybe im wrong? just an assumption? Unfortunately, i have another plant now with the same issue, picture two. Im going to transplant, and take a look at the rootball. I think i really dehydrated and dried them up now. i bet you ill have to do the same thing with this one. but we will see. i will update later and see if i murder and more plants. Im doing one hell of a job of murdering the hell out of these things😅😅😅 I guess its good to be atleast good at one thing.

i think from now on, i just need to stay on top of my watering practices. With everything commented on here, im still going to make some changes. Going to go with a different soil and a one part nute. Im going to stock up on distilled water and do a 50/50 ratio between tap and distilled, because its looking like i dont have the best water. That should help.

Ill post pics later of the second plant rootball and see if i have anything mysterious going on with her. also keep an update on the other girl you guys pretty much saved.
i really cant believe what these plants are going thru, and i still have them.

20191029 000058

20191029 000356
Last edited:
Top Bottom