problems about setting up my dehumidifier in my grow tent

• Thread starter charlesweedmore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

charlesweedmore

i have huge RH problem.i am 4. week of flowering and night time humidity is around 90% ! . there is no mold or PW issue -yet - .
temp is around 83F and 60F at nights .

i will buy a dehumidifier but i cant decide where i should put it .

i have 1 active intake fan and it is 350m3 and pulls fresh air from my balcony to the tent.
other 400m3 extractor is exhaust and extract the air from tent to outside of the house.

total air movement is 350m3 / h . but the most powerful dehumidifier has 200m3 /H air capacity and 20L/ H dehumidify capacity.

can the dehumidifier work in tent properly like this picture ?
i also read that dehumidifiers warm up the grow room. is it true ? temp is already high in my tent ,it is around 80 - 85 F and i dont use CO2 . how much can a dehumidifier increase temperature in the tent ?

i am very confused guys please help me.

Problems about setting up my dehumidifier in my grow tent
N

Nuglover

They put out alot of heat. Go the cheaper route and put a sulfur burner in and forget about mildew and don't worry about the RH. I would pull my air from inside the house. The temp and RH will be more stable(assuming you have central air) and it'll probably have a slightly higher CO2 level than the air outside. Plus lower chance of bringing in unwanted guests. JMO

C

charlesweedmore

i live at somewhere near to sea. it is a coast ,like " island " . RH is very high here ,RH is about 90% in outside and it is roughly same in my house ,too .i use 600W hps @ cooltube .

i am sure a bit RH may be good but 90% at nights is too much .

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like your best bet might be to just put the dehumidifier in the room that the tent is in. That'll help spread the heat out throw the room instead of just in the tent. You'd have to re-route your intake though.

B

Badmf

Since your "problem" RH is during dark cycles you should set the DH to run only then. The extra heat wouldn't be an issue. You are already too wide in range imo from your day temps. (15 degrees is preferred) So either lower the day or raise the nite temps.(Which the DH would do) Late in flowering it won't matter. But lower humidity will add to your potency. I don't go higher than 55% RH at nite but I did a lot of moisture containment in my set-up. ie; rez is in another room, plant openings are sealed with Saran wrap, only foliar spraying just before lites on, Damp Rid placed around the room and of course a DH. Which btw don't get the Kenmore it won't last Ebay is filled with em.

C

charlesweedmore

thanks guys.

is it a good idea to succesfully benefit from the dehuey ?

Or
J

Jalisco Kid

I see you did not like my a/c idea. Unless you have some heavy duty tolerant plants I do not see that you have a choice unless you remove them from the tent and use a lot of air movement w/sulfur. I have a home central coast of Mexico, I know what humidity does to girls in the tropics. Good luck JK

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
You def need to worry bout mold with a fresh air intake. IMO the added heat is worth the payoff of not lossing half your crop to mold. Another solution is to run a mold resistant strain then you have no worrries specially if you take the Sulfur burner route.

Suggestion LG dehumids overstock.com and buy the warr.

Top Bottom