Problems with slow growth, please help

• Thread starter Rogersting
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rogersting

Rogersting

Hi, this is my first grow and I’m having some problems, I would be grateful if someone could help me out, I’ve been growing in canna coco plus I’ve been ph the water at about 6.0 to 6.5 and my plants don’t look very health and they are growing very slow this picture is taken at week 4, I’ve tried one flush to get about 20% run off which has left some algae on top before that I was just feeding a little when it looks like they needed it. Temps at about 24c to 26c in day and around 17c to 18c at night and humidity around 55% to 65%

Problems with slow growth please help
Problems with slow growth please help 2
Problems with slow growth please help 3
Problems with slow growth please help 4
lipifarmer

lipifarmer

What strain are you growing?
which light do u use?
how much and how often do you water them

Rogersting

Rogersting

What strain are you growing?
which light do u use?
how much and how often do you water them
I’m growing some haze Berry mainly sativa and the light is
maxi bright daylight led 660w running on 40% intensity and I was water when they looked dry just to wet them up again but the last watering I’ve gave them a lot so I got a good amount of run off

lipifarmer

lipifarmer

Hm , you should water them everyday by little , about LED im not guy who knows much about , i assume you could put light closer to plants? they do grow too slow and you should transplant them in bigger pots now. in four weeks you should have nicely developed roots , but not in this baby pots .

Rogersting

Rogersting

Hm , you should water them everyday by little , about LED im not guy who knows much about , i assume you could put light closer to plants? they do grow too slow and you should transplant them in bigger pots now. in four weeks you should have nicely developed roots , but not in this baby pots .
Thank you for your help, so would you say they are big enough now for transplant and also I’m just using 100% coco should I be using some perlite as well?

lipifarmer

lipifarmer

yes you can transplant them, you can add some perlite , guys using coco will tell you more , i would transplant them and start watering everyday small amount, and water all around pot that roots will stretch for food alittbe bit too

Rogersting

Rogersting

yes you can transplant them, you can add some perlite , guys using coco will tell you more , i would transplant them and start watering everyday small amount, and water all around pot that roots will stretch for food alittbe bit too
Cheers mate you have been very helpful but one last question before you go, would you say the plants look healthy or as if they are lacking/ to much of something?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Stop treating the coco like soil and water it lots more, obviously you need to use nutrients in every single watering as well, never let Coco go even half dry, those plants will most likely perk right up with proper water and nutrients.
Algae is not a problem, it really just means that you have adequate lighting or better.
PH of water going in I keep between 5.8 and 6.1 in my Coco grow throughout.

Rogersting

Rogersting

Stop treating the coco like soil and water it lots more, obviously you need to use nutrients in every single watering as well, never let Coco go even half dry, those plants will most likely perk right up with proper water and nutrients.
Algae is not a problem, it really just means that you have adequate lighting or better.
PH of water going in I keep between 5.8 and 6.1 in my Coco grow throughout.
Cheers for the advice, do you water until you get run off?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Cheers for the advice, do you water until you get run off?
Yes I water to at least 20% run off every single time, I've done that since day one as I'm new to growing as well so I am playing it as safe as I possibly can.

Rogersting

Rogersting

Yes I water to at least 20% run off every single time, I've done that since day one as I'm new to growing as well so I am playing it as safe as I possibly can.
I will start doing that hopefully it will make them look abit healthy

Latest posts

Top Bottom