Promix All Purpose

• Thread starter Glassdub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

Always stick to what works for you, because no 2 grow environment are the same. I only pay $10 for 2 cu ft and dont add anything else, just let them do their own thing and adjust accordingly đź‘Ť
Yeah, I don't plan on adding anything but worm castings, I thought that was the point of buying this better Promix over the general gardening type, I don't want to spend shit tons for more vermiculite.

Glassdub

Glassdub

I open my new bags mix in perlite in an old 55 gallon trash can water it and let the f-Ing fungus Nats hatch get rid of the little bastards then use it for planting ! About the only complaint I got is the bugs ! But I’m unable to get the hp only the retail
I use the 45 gal bin Sterlite bin in the back of the pic (got a new one for this batch), didn't have any insect issues with the general purpose ProMix on the the 9 buckets of potatoes & starts I have in the tent now, I plan on wetting down with Hydrogen Peroxide mixed water, I'm not sure it that will help.

Glassdub

Glassdub

The Promix that you bought is the type that I use and has no real nutrients other than some buffering and enough nutes to support a plant, but not robustly. I have never had issues with it, but the all purpose garden mix that they sell is totally different and more like a Fox Farms type of pre-charged product.
I'm plan on using KLN, Pro-TeKt, Foliage-Pro, Mag-Pro per the chart: http://dyna-gro.mx/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018_Dyna-Gro_FeedChart.pdf
Is this too strong? I've heard some said it was, I'm also on the fence about using Dyna-Zyme & Dyna-Flush but I've ordered or have the rest.

Glassdub

Glassdub

I get them but they don't seem to last long once I notice them. I increase the # of fans and use a couple right across the top of the pots/sticky tape and I clean the top inch around the edges and add more new soil on the top if I see them when I water. I still see them around every now and then but never to the point of infested and all I've ever used is peat based dirt.
I've used the general gardening Promix for at least 3 years for veg starts & never had any gnat issues, hope that doesn't change now, I have 4 6" fans in the corners of my tent.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I'm plan on using KLN, Pro-TeKt, Foliage-Pro, Mag-Pro per the chart: http://dyna-gro.mx/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018_Dyna-Gro_FeedChart.pdf
Is this too strong? I've heard some said it was, I'm also on the fence about using Dyna-Zyme & Dyna-Flush but I've ordered or have the rest.
If I had one piece of advice that I would give a new grower, it would be to go easy on the nutes. It's too easy to think that the more that you feed plants, the bigger, faster, and more potent they will be. You are already planning on using 4 or 5 different nutrients, and for the most part most nutrients are the same, more or less. Bloom boosters are usually just a P or K supplement. Adding these on top of each other can easily cause a nutrient lockout that will drive you crazy trying to solve. Try using 25% doses if you are going to use all of that stuff... you can always add more. You won't believe how hard it is to flush out Phosphorus, while Nitrogen is easily flushed out... so flushing might not always help a overfeeding. Go easy and slow. You won't hurt your plants by underfeeding them, but you WILL hurt them if you overdo it on the groceries.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
If I had one piece of advice that I would give a new grower, it would be to go easy on the nutes. It's too easy to think that the more that you feed plants, the bigger, faster, and more potent they will be. You are already planning on using 4 or 5 different nutrients, and for the most part most nutrients are the same, more or less. Bloom boosters are usually just a P or K supplement. Adding these on top of each other can easily cause a nutrient lockout that will drive you crazy trying to solve. Try using 25% doses if you are going to use all of that stuff... you can always add more. You won't believe how hard it is to flush out Phosphorus, while Nitrogen is easily flushed out... so flushing might not always help a overfeeding. Go easy and slow. You won't hurt your plants by underfeeding them, but you WILL hurt them if you overdo it on the groceries.
a ppm meter is a great tool to see what your plants are living in. guess work is over with one. Its a fairly new tool for me but I love being able to check run off numbers after watering to see if its too high,low or just where I want it then adjust up or down depending on its numbers on next feed.

Glassdub

Glassdub

True but per the chart not all are used at the same time & N-P-K ratios on Dyna-Gro fertilizer seems on the low side so I wasn't sure.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The president of dyna grow doesnt recommend anything for weed but foliage pro and pro tect.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I have a close friend that only uses dyna-gro in coco and he uses foliage pro, protekt, dynagro bloom and mag pro, and he just kills it. He only runs mag pro during transition and he runs foliage pro and bloom 50/50 weeks 3-7 of flower.

The bloom likely isnt necessary though and I've been trying to convince him to try a run without it. But I cant deny his pot is usually better than most peoples.

Glassdub

Glassdub

The president of dyna grow doesnt recommend anything for weed but foliage pro and pro tect.

Yeah, I checked this out before this was part of the reason I thought feed chart might be more reasonable as he made a point that most companies encourage overuse & this chart is specifically cannabis grows.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah, I checked this out before this was part of the reason I thought feed chart might be more reasonable as he made a point that most companies encourage overuse & this chart is specifically cannabis grows.

I highly recommend new growers use just the base nutes. A one part like foliage pro is all that is needed and easier to learn how to feed properly with one bottle.

Glassdub

Glassdub

a ppm meter is a great tool to see what your plants are living in. guess work is over with one. Its a fairly new tool for me but I love being able to check run off numbers after watering to see if its too high,low or just where I want it then adjust up or down depending on its numbers on next feed.
What's a good one to get? I just got a Apera pH meter but their TDS meter doesn't seem to rate so well for the price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom