Promix? FF? Dr Earth? Trying to simplify with what I have available

• Thread starter AGeNT1212
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AGeNT1212

AGeNT1212

Hi everyone, I'm trying to simplify my grow. I have been running into issues with ph using promix and ff trio.

My issues are chasing ph because my tap water is around 8-8.5. things start off fine but over time I end up chasing problems and making them worse

Tiger Bloom and PH down seem to F things up by the time I go into flower.

I was thinking of trying promix with dr earth dry amendments. If I go this way should I add anything else to the mix?

I also have FFOF available.

For KISS (simple) what would those that have some experience with these products recommend to lessen the headache of what I'm working with>?

I use a SF2000 kit, temps are 69-78 with an avg of 50% humidity.

Pro mix or FFOF?
Dr earth or FF trio ?

Thanks so much for your time

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Greetings. I went from coco/drain to waste, to soil just to simplify and the fact I just don't have time. So far, the best thing that I've found is a "water only" soil and then tea every couple of weeks and topdressing Dr. Earth a couple times during flower. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with the results.

So simple, so easy, so productive.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Promix BX actually has Calcitic and Dolomitic lime added to the mix which both help regulate pH levels. I've never adjusted or checked pH in my organic grows using BX.

I stay away from FFOF and HF products like they are the plague but maybe that's just me.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

I use promix as a base, add compost or worm castings and dry amendments including Dr Earth flower girl. Water with tap water and teas. Top dress with Dr Earth during flower. Works great. The FF trio is booty, especially tiger bloom. The Dr Earth stuff has everything you need. As far as your pH issues, add some more lime and gypsum to your promix and it should regulate itself. Using pH up/down in soil just builds up salts in my opinion.

chuck88

chuck88

I use ProMix HP on it's own in 3 gallon fabric pots, well water ppm ~500, ph ~7.6 and I do not ph down !

The ProMix is buffered and does not require you to ph water in.

Last grow was with Advanced Nutrients M/G/B etc. This grow is with Mega Crop. Can't get any simpler !

A few weeks ago @ day 72. Auto's from autoflower dot ca.

The Girls 23 Mar Day 72

Cheers

Moshmen

Moshmen

I too use promix with a mix of tap and purified water,220 ish then pure blend pro grow the whole cycle adding a tad of epsom if needed - never ph once in while I’ll ck run off , doesn’t get much simpler

F23B053E B9C9 4E57 8A51 BE59589A798B
C

CocoFun

Promix BX actually has Calcitic and Dolomitic lime added to the mix which both help regulate pH levels. I've never adjusted or checked pH in my organic grows using BX.

I stay away from FFOF and HF products like they are the plague but maybe that's just me.
THANK GOD YOU SAID IT!!! Adding lime to Promix is a disaster waiting to happen. The more people screw with their medium, the more you gotta screw with your water. Eliminate 1 of the 2. Run it straight, and if you're seeing pH problems, adjust your water, don't try to adjust the medium pH, and the water pH.

C

CocoFun

I use ProMix HP on it's own in 3 gallon fabric pots, well water ppm ~500, ph ~7.6 and I do not ph down !

The ProMix is buffered and does not require you to ph water in.

Last grow was with Advanced Nutrients M/G/B etc. This grow is with Mega Crop. Can't get any simpler !

A few weeks ago @ day 72. Auto's from autoflower dot ca.

View attachment 1233366

Cheers
GORGEOUS PLANTS! Yes, Promix is buffered, lime creates more problems
I use Promix HP with Down to Earth fertilizers + perlite + EWC. My well water is 7.4'ish, never Ph it.

Stay away from lime 😡. Cheers all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom