Promix vs coco with dry amendments help pls

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think he was just confused when you said plants don’t take up organic nutrients. I know I am. Lol!

Those nutrients still feed the soil though right?
Yes but they are not organic once broken down… they break down into mineral salts (same form as synthetic nutrients) the term mineral salt is a chemical tern to describe a form its not salt as so many seen to think… Organic fertilizer gets broken down into salt form that can then be dissolved in water… plants can only take up nutrients that are dissovled in water in ionic form.

We are lead to believe that somehow organic nutrients used to grow food is better for us or leads ti a healthier product when infact the testing of synthetic nutrients is far far more stringent for heavy metals and things like e.coli and salmonella etc that we are seeing huge anounts of recals for due to a far less stringent testing requirement.

Thwre are arguments for both but the whole organic industry is fully of lies and misleading info. But thats not to say its bad to grow organically because it does have its benefits…. Just not the ones many are mislead to believe

2Bad

2Bad

I think I’m going to keep my mothers in coco with synth and switch to promix and Gaia . No need to do coco and Gaia if it doesn’t increase the yield like I thought it would haha

Ponky

Ponky

There is that promix thats a hybrid of coconut coir and peatmoss. Might be worth a look.
Screenshot 20220717 114233 Chrome

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think I’m going to keep my mothers in coco with synth and switch to promix and Gaia . No need to do coco and Gaia if it doesn’t increase the yield like I thought it would haha
Yeah that sounds more reasonable. You also need a larger media volume for slow release ir organics because it’s directly related to the amount of available nutrients.

Thats why you can do coco in 1 gal pots with synthetic nutrients

2Bad

2Bad

yeah I’m going bigger pots next round now that I’ve got at minimum 2 good strains I like 😋 ❤️ Got to wait for the rest to dry to see if I like em

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Well I have grown organically indoors with pots ranging from 1 to 5 gallons for around for years with great success. I've reused my soil for 3 years now, just reamending at half strength.
I only water in tap water using blumats and maybe once or twice a grow I will hand water in Neptune fish and seaweed.

Not sure who said organics are better than synthetic. They both work great, but to say you can't do organics indoors is ridiculous, if that's the case what have I been doing for the last four years. Something is allowing me to grow some dank in my tent and I don't thinks it's just my tap water🤣🤣. I do top dress during flower at least a few time usually. If you don't with smaller pots you will run into deficiencies. Bigger pots are definitely better for running organics.

My last grow I put 5 clones of my new strains straight from my clone dome into 1 gallon of living soil and they did decent with minimal top dresses. Sure they would have done better in a bigger pot but they still yielded 3/4 to almost an ounce a piece.

As far as Canucks grows. There's a reason he switched from coco to living soil. The Pics shaded showed actually don't look bad compared to the ones people were posting at roll it up a few years ago.

Anyways good luck with the organics 2bad. I find it alot less work during the grow. I would recommend you top dress a few times in flower.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well I have grown organically indoors with pots ranging from 1 to 5 gallons for around for years with great success. I've reused my soil for 3 years now, just reamending at half strength.
I only water in tap water using blumats and maybe once or twice a grow I will hand water in Neptune fish and seaweed.

Not sure who said organics are better than synthetic. They both work great, but to say you can't do organics indoors is ridiculous, if that's the case what have I been doing for the last four years. Something is allowing me to grow some dank in my tent and I don't thinks it's just my tap water🤣🤣. I do top dress during flower at least a few time usually. If you don't with smaller pots you will run into deficiencies. Bigger pots are definitely better for running organics.

My last grow I put 5 clones of my new strains straight from my clone dome into 1 gallon of living soil and they did decent with minimal top dresses. Sure they would have done better in a bigger pot but they still yielded 3/4 to almost an ounce a piece.

As far as Canucks grows. There's a reason he switched from coco to living soil. The Pics shaded showed actually don't look bad compared to the ones people were posting at roll it up a few years ago.

Anyways good luck with the organics 2bad. I find it alot less work during the grow. I would recommend you top dress a few times in flower.
I never said you can’t but unless reusing the soil its only real benefit is water only… and that’s absolutely enough of a reason ti do it for some people.

There are trade offs though and lots of them both ways.

What i said is its ridiculous ti grown with a method thats largest benefit is to build the soil and just throw it away.

Maybe it comes off worse than i meant… my real contempt with organics is the notion that somehow its better for the consumer and the product is somehow superior. And there are reasons it can be. The organic revolution is filled with half truth and lies. Im not saying that to bash organics im saying it to help seperate fact from falsehood.

I realize its not a popular view and i get flack everytime i say it. I also get misunderstood.

Its much easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled… ill take the hostility that comes with truth sometimes because i feel much better about ppl making informed decisions.

Like i say im not saying organics is bad and we need to stop looking at things as your either one side or the other. If what i say seems insulting or an attack then thats not my intention and i feel its others personal perception. While i do care about feelings facts don’t

So if anyone reading this is offended then maybe you need to take a deeper look at the first sentence 3 paragraphs back and think…. Hmmm is that me?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

At least with organics I can read the label and see what's in the mix. It comes down to personal preference. I am getting good results with organics and I feel better about the end product. That was one of the major reasons I went away from dispensary weed in the first place - not knowing what I am smoking.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

View attachment 1262642

At least with organics I can read the label and see what's in the mix. It comes down to personal preference. I am getting good results with organics and I feel better about the end product. That was one of the major reasons I went away from dispensary weed in the first place - not knowing what I am smoking.
Honestly you think organics is better? Maybe read some independent testing. Hell tons of things contain all of those and organics generally contain it it much higher levels.

Your cherry picking info and applications but you do you. There is a reason organic certification requires field testing fir heavy metals and its not because the contain less. Showing that synthetics contain some of those elements does not mean organics do not contain them in much higher amounts

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

View attachment 1262642

Thats bullshit about the contents…. 100% you get a FAR more accurate representation of whats in synthetic nutrients than organic nutrients. This is not even nor should be a question.

Before i let it frustrate me im just gonna drop it and leave the church of organics discussion. I have nothing to gain from convincing anyone anything… like i said. Its easy to fool someone then it is to convince them they have been fooled. I put the info out m, do with it as you like.

Maybe someone will read some independent no organic funded testing and scientific articles because if that… and im good with that. You dont know what you dont know so i dont fault anyone for standpoint

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

View attachment 1262642

Quotes from an organic product promoting website vs a university independent study… geee idk

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Again im not saying organics is bad or wrong… im saying synthetics are not what the church of organics would have you believe… and many do not understand what the real benefits or organics are…

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Ion's are Ion's no exceptions, whether the Ion is broken down from microbes in organic soil or if the Ion is fed directly from dry salts Its exactly the same Ion period. there is not a lab in the world that can take an Ion and tell if it came from organic soil or from a bag. so whether your plant is in organic soil or fed dry salts they uptake the exact same Ion's.

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
I never said you can’t but unless reusing the soil its only real benefit is water only… and that’s absolutely enough of a reason ti do it for some people.

There are trade offs though and lots of them both ways.

What i said is its ridiculous ti grown with a method thats largest benefit is to build the soil and just throw it away.

Maybe it comes off worse than i meant… my real contempt with organics is the notion that somehow its better for the consumer and the product is somehow superior. And there are reasons it can be. The organic revolution is filled with half truth and lies. Im not saying that to bash organics im saying it to help seperate fact from falsehood.

I realize its not a popular view and i get flack everytime i say it. I also get misunderstood.

Its much easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled… ill take the hostility that comes with truth sometimes because i feel much better about ppl making informed decisions.

Like i say im not saying organics is bad and we need to stop looking at things as your either one side or the other. If what i say seems insulting or an attack then thats not my intention and i feel its others personal perception. While i do care about feelings facts don’t

So if anyone reading this is offended then maybe you need to take a deeper look at the first sentence 3 paragraphs back and think…. Hmmm is that me?
When I first started organic growing I wud throw it out after every round. I think it was from being so used to salt growing where you use new medium every grow. But after a few grows and some more reading of people saying your soil only gets better with age and that people use the same soil for 5 years or more I started re using my soil. So not only do I save my back from carrying in a bail of promix once or twice a year. Now I've bought 2 in the last like 3 years or more and still have a bunch. Plus I only use half the amendments of the original mix, so I'm saving on like half the dry amendments.

Ain't nothing wrong with salt based nutrients or bottled organic, they all do the same thing and ive used both of them too.
Started with salt based, moved to bottled organic, then got sick of mixing up water so tried water only and never went back.

Not sure why one has to be better than the other. They both have little advantages and disadvantages
But they both end up in chronic if you know what your doing😍 that I think we can all agree on😁

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When I first started organic growing I wud throw it out after every round. I think it was from being so used to salt growing where you use new medium every grow. But after a few grows and some more reading of people saying your soil only gets better with age and that people use the same soil for 5 years or more I started re using my soil. So not only do I save my back from carrying in a bail of promix once or twice a year. Now I've bought 2 in the last like 3 years or more and still have a bunch. Plus I only use half the amendments of the original mix, so I'm saving on like half the dry amendments.

Ain't nothing wrong with salt based nutrients or bottled organic, they all do the same thing and ive used both of them too.
Started with salt based, moved to bottled organic, then got sick of mixing up water so tried water only and never went back.

Not sure why one has to be better than the other. They both have little advantages and disadvantages
But they both end up in chronic if you know what your doing😍 that I think we can all agree on😁
100% like everything grow related they all have their place and excel in different areas. Its all depends on our needs.

Really good to see someone actually growing organically for the right reasons. Thats no easy task to do in containers so good on you. And i mean that while heartedly, its a very eco friendly and responsible practice and i have no issues saying the way i grow is far less eco friendly but my goals are slightly different then yours…. Lol yeah thats how i try to justify my part of irresponsibility in that area. I know its pathetic but its the best i can do lol

I just feel to many are growing organic under the falsehoods of marketing that has been created for profit by the organic industry.

Its no different than the fertilizer industry as a whole. Same bullshit in the synthetic industry creating bottles of unicorn piss that magically make everything better.

Last edited:
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I'll take my chances growing medicine with nutrients like this. I don't know how this got into a conversation or debate of organics vs synthetics but as I said I went the organic route because I want the cleanest smoke I can possibly get and I feel like this is the best way to get that.

I get where you're coming from @Aqua Man and as with "organic" anything there is marketing hoopla and overhead galore.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

This post by Logic was pretty interesting to read through as well, so there's a bit of a discussion on it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This post by Logic was pretty interesting to read through as well, so there's a bit of a discussion on it.

Yeah thise are all banned I believe. When the fert industry decided to abuse the fact that under a certain % of content you dont have to list ingredients on the label many companies started dumping in PGRs as a secret ingredients. This was the industry as a whole. In Canada its very strict and thats why we have a hard time getting many things that are available in the US. This wasn’t limited to synthetics though.

Also most organic nutrients are not fully organic. But like i say all we can do is go by our knowledge and make the best decisions we can for ourselves.The entire fertilizer industry is full of lies and falsehoods that try to take advantage of consumers. This really isnt a synthetic or organic thing. Simply was the discussion that arose but dont think i dont have my issues with the synthetic side either.

Top Bottom