Propagation - share details for highest success rates

• Thread starter stickyfingers1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

The last time I cloned marijuana I took cutting's as usual. Attempted to root them. After 4 or 5 weeks I had all but given up on them and put them in my basement, with no light. Some time later (several weeks) I had noticed they had rooted but were dried out by that point. I could not grow them.

I used the peat moss pucks after soaking them in water. With a few drops of rooting hormone. Then placed them in dim lighting conditions.

What works best for you? Light, or darkness?

I have a limited window of time to work with. My seedlings are only 2 and 3 weeks young at this point.

I'm aiming to have clones established and ready to go outdoors by July. I'm also wondering how soon can they be taken?

Seedlings always start flowering for me 2, 3 as much as 4 weeks later then clones when I grow outside. And I never get them to maturity as the colder weather sets in by late October. I can set my watch by clones on the other hand. Clones have always began flowering by mid August. On a couple rare instances up to two weeks sooner.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

OK, there's a slight flaw in the thinking here: Clones from newly sprouted seeds will not flower faster than the original seed plant. They are at the same stage of development.

In the past, your clones were probably from already mature plants and the clones were just waiting to be given the signal to flower.

But on other questions — don't leave them in the dark. They need warmth, light, water + oxygen for the points where they will root. A great purchase for you would be an aero cloner. It was for me.

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

OK, there's a slight flaw in the thinking here: Clones from newly sprouted seeds will not flower faster than the original seed plant. They are at the same stage of development.

In the past, your clones were probably from already mature plants and the clones were just waiting to be given the signal to flower.

But on other questions — don't leave them in the dark. They need warmth, light, water + oxygen for the points where they will root. A great purchase for you would be an aero cloner. It was for me.
No, I plan to give current seedlings a couple months to grow first. Then take cuttings, number them, then switch to 12/12. So I can also sex them while I'm at it.

Last edited:
Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

The last time I cloned marijuana I took cutting's as usual. Attempted to root them. After 4 or 5 weeks I had all but given up on them and put them in my basement, with no light. Some time later (several weeks) I had noticed they had rooted but were dried out by that point. I could not grow them.

I used the peat moss pucks after soaking them in water. With a few drops of rooting hormone. Then placed them in dim lighting conditions.

What works best for you? Light, or darkness?

I have a limited window of time to work with. My seedlings are only 2 and 3 weeks young at this point.

I'm aiming to have clones established and ready to go outdoors by July. I'm also wondering how soon can they be taken?

Seedlings always start flowering for me 2, 3 as much as 4 weeks later then clones when I grow outside. And I never get them to maturity as the colder weather sets in by late October. I can set my watch by clones on the other hand. Clones have always began flowering by mid August. On a couple rare instances up to two weeks sooner.
I mix up a gal of nutrients , very light nutes around 5-7 ml a gallon . I like to pre soak my rockwood cubes for 12-24 hours , I always cut good size clones thick and around 6" . I use a rooting compound called dip n grow I believe it to be the best shit you can find . After cutting @ a 45° angle scrape the stem and dip in solution for 30 seconds and put into the cube. Once I'm done filling my clone dome I don't even look at it or touch it for at least 2 weeks (my clone dome has a light on it by the way) most should be completely rooted or very close , If the cubes are drying out with out roots which is usually rare add some nutes to the cubes . I usually have a 100% success rate everytime . Do keep in mind you need to clean everything with isopropyl alcohol before starting .
Good luck man I hope this helps out a bit.

Top Bottom