Proper ph for indica/hybrid plants

• Thread starter farmer joe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

farmer joe

Do indica prefer a different soil ph than a hybrid? Can anybody also recomend some nutes for keeping mothers healthy in veg??
I have mothers that are looking a little off. I tested the ph level of the water today and its reading between 7.2 and 7.6. I am getting some ph down to correct this.

B

Bud Garret

About 7 or a little under in soil if I rember right joe Pure Blend worked for me when I used dirt. A small amount of lime should bring it down also

J

John Ditchweed

in soil I always went 6.5 to 6.8 in water I go alot lower 5.7 to 6.2

For water I like to start a few points lower than I want because as the plants uptake nutes the ph shifts up............. also ph your water where you want a bit before you have to feed that way when you go back everything has had a chance to mix up in the water and you will get a 100% correct reading and a chance to double check it

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Actually Bud, lime is used to sweeten or neutralize an acidic soil and is not a good choice to acidify.

Like JD says, a ph around 6.5 to 6.7 is good for a soil mix. Fertilizing alone will tend to lower ph after awhile on its own. I've heard of vinegar being a good way to lower ph quickly. Cottonseed meal in the mix will work as well. Ph up and down is available through grow stores. ph down probably contains iron sulfate or aluminum sulfate.

B

Bud Garret

Cannabis will grow in almost any soil, but it flourishes when the pH is between 6.5 and 7.0. Commercial potting soil almost never has a pH above 7.5. A lower pH is more common, even as low as 5.5. Some potting soils purchased at a nursery are pH balanced and near a neutral 7. However, most potting soils have a tendency to be acidic. The easiest way to stabilize soil pH is to mix in 1 cup of Fine Dolomite Lime per cubic foot (28 litres) of potting soil. Mix Dolomite Lime thoroughly into dry soil. Remix the soil in the container after it has been watered.

Fine Dolomite Lime has long been a favourite pH stabilizer for gardens. It is difficult to apply too much as long as it is thoroughly mixed into the soil. Dolomite has a neutral pH of 7, and can never raise the pH above 7. It stabilizes the pH safely.
Compensate for acidic soil by mixing dolomite with soil before planting. Dolomite is a compound of Mg (Magnesium) and Ca (Calcium). Dolomite does not prevent toxic salt build-up caused by impure water and fertilizer build-up. Proper fertilizer and regular leaching (To remove soluble or other constituents from by the action of running water through the medium (soil makeup)) helps flush away toxic salts. When purchasing look for Dolomite Flour, the finest fast-acting dust-like grade available. Coarse Dolomite could take a year or more before it becomes available for uptake by roots. Improperly mixed dolomite will stratify, forming a cake or layer that burns roots and repels water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom