Props and Crops Downunder MKII

• Thread starter KingKobi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingKobi

KingKobi

Alrighty then. Getting close to harvest on my first Auto White Widow grow using CC hydro and nute setup. I know, bog standard.
The tent won’t allow photos cos I’ma dumbass so here we go with thread number 2. Somebody tell me it is a bad idea.
Just about to pull the trigger on light, ballast and scrubber. OK for fans and seeds.
Looks like it will be dirt which is a whole nutha world but hey, “Watchyagunnado”

Again, bc I ama noob, I will be running either BB#3, GG#4, Gorilla Zkittlez, got some Amnesia Lemon Freebies.. Inclined to run the GZ, look like they might be a bit less problematic and a bit more forgiving.
I can plant and veg in 75mm Rockwool cubes and run them in the auto tent (18/6) until I harvest the autos, then flip them shortly after going into the bathroom. What could possibly go wrong??????

Stick around, the fubars alone should be fun reading.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Alrighty then. Getting close to harvest on my first Auto White Widow grow using CC hydro and nute setup. I know, bog standard.
The tent won’t allow photos cos I’ma dumbass so here we go with thread number 2. Somebody tell me it is a bad idea.
Just about to pull the trigger on light, ballast and scrubber. OK for fans and seeds.
Looks like it will be dirt which is a whole nutha world but hey, “Watchyagunnado”
View attachment 1193009
Stick around, the fubars alone should be fun reading
Hmm prob my phone but no vid. I got the audio though.

Bravo brother way to explore different styles.

My experience with dirt (peat actually but dirt mothers) while I have no complaints about product or quality I sure felt like I was watching paint dry. But that was my first time... prob last and I'm positive the experienced dirt guys experience growth rates that are far better.... but I'm just to much of a speed and control freak. One of my flaws, quirks, good or bad qualities depending how you want to look at it.

It's really nice to see ppl investing in learning different styles though.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Hey buddy, I was probably editing at the time, it’s there.
Thanks for taking an interest@Aqua Man.
I will change my mind a million times between now and then i think but at least i have the space, the seed and a few bucks to get the bits i need.
If i can run hydro i would prefer it. Bit time poor in terms of construction and busy work period coming up. See how we go.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Alrighty, time to get this up and running, Christmas Day here Downunder.
Due to time constraints this grow will be done in the tent in the garage with 2 wrinkles to set it apart from WW Auto grow. (Sue me for false advertising :)
1) Running GSC Autos this time.
2) Running Cyco nutes just for something different

Seeds dropped into water just now, nothing fancy, our tap water is great. Impressed by how plump and mature they look. Monday 4/4/22 will be day 100, target chop day.
7F05C633 1E64 405A 86AD 9FFFC4C80AF3

Last edited:
KingKobi

KingKobi

2 of 5 transplanted to one inch cubes yesterday into the tent and germinated today. So for 2 of them, January 1 is day 1.
One other seed is slowly pushing out a tap root, the other 2 look like no go’s.
On that basis i dropped the other 5 GSC Autos into water 2 days ago. 2 of them are bursting w life and all under paper towel for a day or so. Looks like i will max out at 5 from 10 which is not great.
I will be letting the company i got them from know…

KingKobi

KingKobi

Day 9 on the left 2, day 7 on the right 2. Had a light burn issue early on which is slowly settling down.
Outside in glorious sun during the day, now under low wattage house lamp at night.
2 on the left got a little leggy on me but i will bury them deeper in the net pots and pebbles
2A0AA8F9 D954 48B6 A295 CAF0BB73F234

Security guard half way along on timber lhs of tray. He works cheap!

KingKobi

KingKobi

Just looked at that last photo above.
The 2 at rear were in paper towel for 24 hrs longer and are leggy.
The 2 foreground, 24 hrs less in paper towel, short, stout, compact.
See how they evolve.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Comparison photos w WW Auto grow on like for like days, 15 days from germination.
First photo WW Auto, 5 days in system, 15 from germination. In retrospect suffering a bit from light stress.
69A8DEE1 7A77 4163 8F60 C203BF0DB0CF

KingKobi

KingKobi

And GSC Autos at 15 days from germination. Seem to be a bit further ahead. Letting them dry right out in between watering. Using tent frame for drying WW so happy to keep these like this for another 7 days and allow the roots to fill out a bit more.
1BDD6A82 17C2 42E4 9F0B 8B46656DB411

Top Bottom