Pros and cons of smoking cannabis

• Thread starter henryjacob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
henryjacob

henryjacob

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice. I have never tried smoking cannabis, but I'm thinking to try it for an experience. What are the pros and cons of smoking cannabis? Are they really harmful? My friend suggested trying Sativa or Indica. Since I haven't had any prior experience trying any of these I could really use some advice here. What are the differences in using these two? Which one is better? One of my friends suggested this place in Toronto called Seven point cannabis. Have you guys tried their products? Do you have any other better suggestions? Please share your feedback. Thank you.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The pros: Cannabis!

The cons: There are times when there is no Cannabis.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Seeing as you're likely to get a bunch of smartass responses, I'll try to be a bit objective here.

I've been on both sides of the fence: a raging stoner, wake-and-bake, don't leave the house without a smoking a bowl, roll a road doobie, long hair bloodshot eye type. I went stone cold sober for about a year, then started smoking again. Still haven't returned to the constant high-tolerance smoking I used to. Different times in life I suppose. Either way, I feel I'm in a position to give a fairly reasonable response. Now, to answer two primary questions in your post:

What are the differences in using these two?

Sativa: racey, energizing, often panic inducing to the uninitiated. Some varieties can even lean towards the psychadelic variety. Great for daytime, social events, creativity, get-up-and-do-shit smoke. Flowers tend to be airy and large.

Indica: sedative, pain relieving, "in-da-couch". Heavy eyes, not so cerebral, lots of body effects. Generally advised for stress, anxiety, pain relief. Good for night time, chilling out, aiding sleep. Flowers tend to be tight and compact.

Which one is better?

This is subjective. Some prefer sativas (Jack Herer snobs, anyone?) and some prefer indicas. Some prefer hybrids (good luck finding a non-hybrid these days). For a first time smoker, I'd recommend a moderate THC level. You're not prepared for the 28%+ types. When states here in the US started to legalize, there was a huge boom in Blue Dream. Shit was everywhere. It's a hybrid, bit more sativa dominant, and decent THC levels. It was "the" entry level strain. All that being said, what's best for Joe is not the best for Susie. You just gotta pick one and run with it.

Now, for the pros:

I've made some of the best friends I've ever had, with our relationship icebreaker having been cannabis. It can improve sex, musical experiences, ease anxieties when dosing hallucinogens, enhance opiates, facilitate relationship building, improve creativity and focus, relieve stress, make parenting easier and more enjoyable, and generate a little revenue if one is so inclined.

The cons:

People become lethargic. Long term, excessive use has been shown to exacerbate symptoms of depression and anxiety. It can result in one being incarcerated in certain parts of the world. There are health impacts associated with smoke inhalation, especially of the organic varieties within organic material such as cannabis. It can induce panic attacks (this is what it does to me now). Due to the lethargy, it can lead to isolation and eventual agoraphobia, leading to further isolation. It is habit forming. One could become associated with a lifestyle or idea of a lifestyle that they are not accustomed to/do not want to be associated with.

At the end of the day it's a decision you have to make for yourself. I'm pro-drug. Try what you will. However, cannabis isn't going to kill you, so if you're curious get some that is moderately potent and give it a go. The worst that will happen is you'll be uncomfortable for a few hours and be done. Then you'll know if it's for you or not. Otherwise, you'll find something that makes you happy and go on with your life. It's just small stuff, don't sweat it.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

When I was in high school I was a big smoker. Well I was just a general black shirt stoner acid eating type. I took so many drugs that I got a terrible chemical imbalance and I couldn't use Cannabis anymore. I quit all drugs and took about a twenty five year break from weed then my back decided to ruin my life. I have such bad crippling pain now that I have gone back to cannabis to avoid prescription opiate pain killers. I am at the point where its going to be daily heavy opiates like Morphine or Oxy or marijuana. Easy choice. Ive seen many go down the wrong road when their physical bodies need pain relief. Back problems then pills, pills stop working and lead to heroin. I have seen it happen time after time. Sucks.

So now I use cannabis daily and lots of it. I make my own edible alcohol extract. It is super choice oil but I have about a 300 mg tolerance(which sucks). I have to say if you are using it for medicine then edibles are the way to go. I do smoke but it is pretty hard on my lungs so I am trying to get away from it. Or at least don't smoke very much. And I love smoking it. But when you have a three hundred mg tolerance it is hard to get stoned by smoking it. I have found that THC numbers don't mean jack for getting me stoned from smoking. It is all about terpenes. I love the high from sativa but I cannot get stoned smoking them. I get high by smoking the GMO/Cake type strains. I don't know what terpenes these have but I need o research it to find the right strains for me.

I must say I do love smoking. I love the taste, smell feeling but dang its hard on my lungs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom