Protecting proprietary patent information, legality, ethics, and what it means for the cannabis community.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
So I'm thinking I might have some novel idea's, but I"m kinda personally against much of the corporate and economic models of traditional power structures, I want to level the playing fields, not make it more disparate for everyone. People have shared their information and idea's freely with me, and I think things should be reciprocal.

But I can't dismiss the idea. If you had a great idea that could impact the industry, would you want credit for it? Sure, I for one would want my name written in the annals of cannabis infamy. But that's probably not going to happen anytime soon. But I would want to benefit from my contributions. Leverage it, for the common good of everyone.

Anyhow, I would be interested to hear what anyone else has to say on this subject.

FourthCity

FourthCity

So I'm thinking I might have some novel idea's, but I"m kinda personally against much of the corporate and economic models of traditional power structures, I want to level the playing fields, not make it more disparate for everyone. People have shared their information and idea's freely with me, and I think things should be reciprocal.

But I can't dismiss the idea. If you had a great idea that could impact the industry, would you want credit for it? Sure, I for one would want my name written in the annals of cannabis infamy. But that's probably not going to happen anytime soon. But I would want to benefit from my contributions. Leverage it, for the common good of everyone.

Anyhow, I would be interested to hear what anyone else has to say on this subject.

If you have a unique product or invention then the patent system gives you as much protection as you can get, are you looking for something more? I'd argue there should be fewer patents granted in the area of genetic modification though, this could be a big headache in a the near future as the marijuana industry grows and companies start to fight for domination.

Classic example:

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Nah, I'm not really interested in patent any strains, that seems kinda really pointless to me, unless I really found something special, but even still, I would tend to be against it, because of the crosses and cultivars that would sit in the shadow of even the greatest of cultivars. I don't think it would be very enforceable, TBH, unless your pushing an exclusive product, that took millions to develop.

That said, I'm more interested in patent's of techniques, or perhaps various treatments, tinctures, foliars, regimes, and specifically aspects of protecting patent in terms of general plant care, or a proprietary technique. ie. The things we put on, or below the plant, to make it grow. I could even see spectrum ratio's fitting in this category, with lighting technology, or the way it is managed and configured.

But again, I don't think light is very enforceable, but certainly proprietary techniques in general pant care would be, at least in my eyes. Something relatively easy, to do, if you've got good ideas, and doesn't require a million bucks to develop.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom