Protocol177

• Thread starter tonic177
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tonic177

tonic177

Hey guys I’d like to share with you all a method I’ve been using for storage that after all the different things I’ve tried has become the technique I’ll probably stick with from here on in. Basically I was motivated to revisit what I thought I knew about storage after reading this thread.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...ring-buds-in-preferable-to-slow-curing.65252/

I think that whole thing could be summed up by just explaining removing all the moisture from weed quickly for curing and storing makes great sense, but the weed needs to regain some moisture before it can be smoked or it’ll burn too fast and harsh.

So I’ve been drying with a dehumidifier and putting my buds in rubber sealed glass jars with as little extra air space as possible. About 4-5days before they are ready to be smoked I put in a couple of Bovida 62s. This basically makes the buds dank and ’smoke-ready’

It sounds complicated but its actually quite simple in practice.

And why have I decided I'll stick with this technique? Well the answer is even simpler. Results. I think the weed definitely has that unmistakeable freshly harvested citrus minty flavor and the potency is more on the trippy giggly side. In my experience this is normally restricted to a window of the first 3 weeks. By doing this it seems to stretch that period out much further, at least by a few months if not more.

Has anyone else tried this also and what is your opinion? Maybe some of the more experienced growers or tech folk could help explain in Laymans terms what is going on at a chemistry level?

snowdrop

snowdrop

In a nutshell it's likely that you're stopping the breaking down processes of the buds, mainly oxidation of oils.

Some peeps liken that process to a mature wine or fermented foods like a nice aged cheese.

So it depends on the flavor you like and whether that's more important than the strength of your dank.

Either way your protocol is definitely more on the meticulous medical side of things and good job on the post

yellowhead

yellowhead

Assuming you have stored in deep freeze also how does this compare to that? I store viable seeds, pollen and the occasional bag of sugar leaf in deep freeze but not really buds

Thanks awesome post

Fraktaal

Fraktaal

Hey brother thanks for the P-177 ;) So in your opinion does it matter what the time frame is that you initially dry the buds before you put them in the jars??

skoolz

skoolz

yo homie i don't know whats goin on chemicaly but sounds like yer preservin all the terps. somtimes i prefer some of the older dankity dank runs smooth like even if its spoiled somewhat.. and not so heady but it is real interesting all the stuff that comin out about synergy with the terps and adding to the effect and all

nice work brotherman ;)

feline eyes

feline eyes

i've done a similar thing but i use an orange peel instead of the bovedas it imparts a nice citrusy flavor to the buds

Latest posts

Top Bottom