Prunning Main Stalk Fan Leaves..

• Thread starter 30roll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
30roll

30roll

1st time grow here.. My oldest plants are about 5 weeks old. I Fimmed then about 2 weeks ago and the new growth is coming in but the Fan Leaves on the Main Stalk are covering them up. Should I wait for the branches to grow out??

Prunning main stalk fan leaves
Prunning main stalk fan leaves 2

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

You can take off everything but the two set of leaves if you want. Just be careful fertilizing afterwards, it can't handle as much with no leaves.

30roll

30roll

Hmm.. I think I'll wait another week to see what they look like.. I raised the lights a little so hopefully they will stretch out a bit. They seem to be dense for their size.

Madmax

Madmax

Good call..those leaves will actually make energy for the laterals to push out..the plants overall size doesnt justify pulling them off..

I would up pot it and watch it take off

Last edited:
30roll

30roll

Hell yeah! I've got some 7 Gal Bags coming. Those little pots are drying out every day now.

Madmax

Madmax

Thats pretty big...5gal is plenty .thats what im using and plants were in 4.45ltr pot when i up potted.and im finding one feed a day is enough..

30roll

30roll

I have a 4x8 tent for better or worse. I have 7 plants but am thinking about giving away 1 but maybe not.. My buddy has a 5x5 and is going to run 20 Gal Pots.. LOL He seems to feel that 1-3 plants is plenty. I guess it depends on how long you want the cycle to grow for..

He had 1 outdoor plant that i seen for myself before bud that was already like 7' tall. He said he got 4lbs off it last Fall.. 😁

Top Bottom