Pull Hermies, Or Spray And Pluck??!! - Help!

• Thread starter CBD Farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Should I CUT the hermie plants, or MAINTAIN them???????????

• Total voters
CBD Farmer

CBD Farmer

This is my first time dealing with hermies, and I was wondering what to do here. I've read up a little on the topic and I've heard 2 things. .

1- Cut them down and burn them
2-Spray Dutchmaster Reverse, and pluck small seed sacks.

I'd rather not have to cut them down because 60 percent of my garden is showing small ballsacks vary sparingly and only the under side of the plants. I believe it was an environmental issue that I had with high heat for a few days, that is now under control, that caused these plants to get stressed out.

The question now is. . . . . do I keep the herms and maintain them with spray and plucking, or do I cut them??? I'd hate to cut down (12) - 5 foot plants!!! At the same time, I have 12 other plants in the room that aren't showing any signs of hermie sacks, and that scares, me having them in the same room. . . . Can I still get a decent yield from a hermie plant? About how much if so?

I'm on day 1 of week 3 flowering. 8000 watt, 12/12, CO2 supplemented air, 85F Day/77 Night temp. Please Help!

Pull hermies or spray and pluck   help
Pull hermies or spray and pluck   help 2
Pull hermies or spray and pluck   help 3
Pull hermies or spray and pluck   help 4
Pull hermies or spray and pluck   help 5
Pull hermies or spray and pluck   help 6
Wisher619

Wisher619

I have had the same thing.....on 3 plants that I have topped at the 4th node.....1 main stalk is male sacks and one main is female flowers and the rest of the branches are mixed.....seeing the picks....I would just toss and burn

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
i have harvested whole rooms (8k) with nanners/balls throughout bud with great success.. i just pluck them and trim up all popcorn bud.. it is totally possible just have to keep an eye on things.. good luck, i think you will be fine

G gnome

G gnome

i have harvested whole rooms (8k) with nanners/balls throughout bud with great success.. i just pluck them and trim up all popcorn bud.. it is totally possible just have to keep an eye on things.. good luck, i think you will be fine
Goin thru same issue. Glad to hear some encouraging words. Been goin over each plant everyday as i rotate. If it can be done then I'm gonna do it.

superweedman

superweedman

If they are late hermies and you can flower them away from other plant then it's worth picking nanners. If it's a early hermie toss it or can't flower it away from your other plants, toss it.

hope this helps

D

Dalethc

From personal experience.

Whoever says you dont get bud has never I dont think gone the full grow.

Had a few turn and everyone was like OMG YOU NEED TO GET RID NOW ASAP!!!'

Guess what? 5 weeks later into flowering after I remove the ball sacks, the tops have massive buds and i have bud all around the plants itself

My opinion is this anyway, i am on hydro.

Apollo13

Apollo13

If it was environment then it's lacking the male chromosome. So any seeds will be female. How I back my seeds up genetically. So leaving a small plant OUTSIDE the flower, perhaps even back in veg until seeds mature could turn a bad situation into a good insurance policy for years. How u handle life's ups and downs makes all the difference.
I have also had sterile females herms before trying to back up genes. I never could make a copy.

Apollo13

Apollo13

As far as leaving, it does have the potential to make bad bud. If it has a million seeds forming, it looks good, but is basically oil or bubble material then.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

i always cut that chit.....other plants will fill the space, i cant afford to have plants herm on me, anytime i find a herm i am really dissapointed, especially in the breeders, with more work on the strain this trait could be bred out

B

Bangarang

This is telling you that you have some sort of environmental stressor. The stressor had to have been present for multiple days in order for every plant to display these symptoms. Spend time in your room and look for light leaks and figure out how to move some more air through your room. Could something have been off gassing? Does light penetrate a crack at a certain time of day? Spend a couple of hours in there and really be sure.
You can spray Reverse day 1 and 10 but if the stressor is present they will stop pop bananas. You will still hit your numbers on yield and your quality can be right up there with your best run (has been for me) but you are going to find seeds. You can foliar every other day with any product but i like to use Snow Storm on the regular when i see this problem.

Apollo13

Apollo13

This is telling you that you have some sort of environmental stressor. The stressor had to have been present for multiple days in order for every plant to display these symptoms. Spend time in your room and look for light leaks and figure out how to move some more air through your room. Could something have been off gassing? Does light penetrate a crack at a certain time of day? Spend a couple of hours in there and really be sure.
You can spray Reverse day 1 and 10 but if the stressor is present they will stop pop bananas. You will still hit your numbers on yield and your quality can be right up there with your best run (has been for me) but you are going to find seeds. You can foliar every other day with any product but i like to use Snow Storm on the regular when i see this problem.
I don't think so, there are herms out there that has nothing to do with stress, it's the genetics. Not all herms are stress related.

420circuit

420circuit

No question about it, some crosses just don't work, they result in hermies, even in a perfect environment. Wish I understood this aspect of breeding better, there are probably some strains that are well known to be problematic for making crosses, would be great to be able to look this info up online. If the hermies problem could be solved, some great strains could be developed.

420circuit

420circuit

There were reports of Dutch Passion BB throwing nanners, but when I ran it never saw a herm. Might be luck of the draw with the seed batch, perhaps the parent plants got stressed.

blood axe

blood axe

i am growing blueberry kush for the second time and they hermed for the second time. Think its gonna be the last round of bbk for me!!!

brock1

brock1

blueberry was made using a male hermi at least I am sure I read it somewhere that dj shorts likes using hermi males. Ripe super market tomatoes can help reduce hermis. I reversed a male a few years back with them not this way but apparently you can peel the skins. Mix them in a blender with water and spray your plants. The skins stick to your plant and make ethylene gas at the plant making your plant expression female. Cheap and cheerful solution. I will get a pic up of the male I reversed later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom