Pulse One Hygrometer & Vpd Monitor

• Thread starter JWM2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
canothink5

canothink5

I am really hoping to find a good combo to reduce the VPD flux as equipment cycles. I know that the flux is only about .15 but I look at it like driving in the mountains.

This is a night chart where the equipment cycles about every 10 minuets.
KIMG0449

canothink5

canothink5

that is awesome! I can now see that its common to see when the equipment cycles regardless of temp RH combo. I cant wait to see once I have a weeks worth of data.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’ve been using the pulse one for about a years or so now and couldn’t imagine growing without them. I have three I use in my grow spaces and it has helped me fine tune my grow and figure out where the sweet spot is any time of year. Living in the Midwest the temps and RH fluctuates year round and without the proper tools to gauge those changes it’s hard to keep your grow dialed in. They’ve made a number of changes over the past 12 months and have even more on the way. Well worth the price of admission IMO even though I got mine for free.

I’m also running inkbird humidity controllers connected to humidifiers to keep my RH where I want it. The more automation you can introduce the easier it is to maintain an ideal growing environment.

These have also helped me several times when my timers went on the fritz. Its saved my ass a few times.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I think something like this might be handy if; it had the ability to take IR temp readings of the canopy temp to complete the crucial third variable in the VPD calculation, and also control a dehu and humidifier, AC, fans and heaters to conform to preset vpd management settings in a large automated setup.

For a small setup I feel it's just as easy to use a $12 accurite min max thermometer/hygrometer and $20 IR thermometer to do the calculations on paper or in my head.

Last edited:
canothink5

canothink5

I think something like this might be handy if; it had the ability to take IR temp readings of the canopy temp to complete the crucial third variable in the VPD calculation, and also control a dehu and humidifier, AC, fans and heaters to conform to preset vpd management settings in a large automated setup.

For a small setup I feel it's just as easy to use a $12 accurite min max thermometer/hygrometer and $20 IR thermometer to do the calculations on paper or in my head.
This is how I have done it for the last year.
I also used a excel sheet from just 4 growers that dose all the math for you.
I could have got the 24/7 temp/RH logs with a cheaper meter but I like that I get a alert when something is out of range.
I cooked 18 girls at 140 for a unknown amount of time when I lost a pump for the chiller.
If I would have got an alert the wouldn't have cooked.
My path to the pulse one.

KIMG0450
AuntieKush

AuntieKush

I got (1) pulse environment hygrometer I am preety sure i would be having the same issues in my grow and i would be working harder and worrying more. This tool rocks and guratees i dont fail! I wouldn't grow without it :)

7 days Average stat's

View attachment 934704

Looking good. Would be cool if they broke out day & night averages

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Sorry for the delay. Just got them set up in my grow space.

I will say the setup process is a tad cumbersome but after a few tries and some tweaking it does work. It’s just a bit annoying to pair to your phone.

The lack of a native iOS or android app has me concerned. The web based app they have is going to be dependent on their ability to keep this device alive and to do that they are going to have to move some units to keep revenue going. That’s really not something unique to this device but all cloud based devices that do something similar. I would really like to see a device that can communicate with your phone directly instead of through a cloud based service. But that’s not a big deal if this keeps working.

That being said the web app they provide is nice in some regards but also very lacking in terms of how the information is presented. I would really like to see some sort of instruction manual that shows how to utilize the web app to its fullest potential.

The VPD and light monitoring features are nice and it’s hard to find those in any other similar device.

One really annoying feature is the need for it to be plugged in via usb cable and 110v to 5vdc converter. It reminds me of a phone charging block but due to this it requires another outlet or extension cable to be run to your already crowded surge protector. The addition of a battery would be nice and there is a nifty little note inside what looks like a battery compartment that a battery update/add-on could come in the future. To me this note while somewhat cute is yet another reminder that there is work to be done before this device can be considered perfect.

The performance so far has been fine. I haven’t been using it long enough to gauge so I’ll update this in a week with more thoughts on the device.

On the upside I do now have VPD monitoring and a real VPD number to use when fine tuning my environmental conditions. So for what it’s worth that feature could make it worth the price of admission for most growers who aren’t very familiar with VPD and how it’s calculated.

Anyhow I’ll post more info and thoughts over the course of the next week or two.

"I will say the setup process is a tad cumbersome but after a few tries and some tweaking it does work. It’s just a bit annoying to pair to your phone."

Ordered one last week and after maybe a dozen tries I have not been able to get it to pair to my Samsung phone. Any suggestions?

AuntieKush

AuntieKush

"I will say the setup process is a tad cumbersome but after a few tries and some tweaking it does work. It’s just a bit annoying to pair to your phone."

Ordered one last week and after maybe a dozen tries I have not been able to get it to pair to my Samsung phone. Any suggestions?

Did you hit up their support line yet?

Latest posts

Top Bottom