Pump And Res Set Up Dtw

• Thread starter dude619
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dude619

Having trouble finding reliable information on how to set up a pump and res for my dtw set up.
I’m setting up 6 flora flex bubblers for a max of 48 sights on 3 trays. I want to use a 55 gallon bucket as the res. My trays are in rolling trays about a foot off the floor. I planned to raise the barrel off the ground and plumb it through the bottom to a 1/2 hp leader pump and which will lead to the three trays.
My question is what would be the best way to plumb
The pump to the res without it dumping to the bubbler height.
Check valve or the hydrotronic?
I’m not planning on using any zone solenoids.
This set up will not be looped.
Could I get away a with a smaller pump and keep consistent waterings?
I will be using the flora flex pot pros so there will be short cycle feedings throughout the day on a timer.
Thanks for looking

scubascrog

scubascrog

I chose the recirc way, think about sitting water in pipes and ways to make sure it drains once the pump is off.

scubascrog

scubascrog

if you can make a central pvc loop that works for your area you can add emitters and longer tubes if you want to move your trays? idk im not a pro just creative

D

dude619

Pretty set on this set up. Will have three pvc manifolds with 2 flora flex bubblers each connected with soft lines so I can roll the trays. The will be no loop back. So will need high pressure.

scubascrog

scubascrog

you need to make sure you set them to empty back into the res by incline or something then.

D

dude619

I don’t think it’s going to be possible to drain the tubing after every feed. Pretty sure the pump would need to stay primed. Pretty sure most systems like this stay full of water until the next feed.
Maybe I’m wrong.

scubascrog

scubascrog

it turns off and I have the piping above my res, it is at an incline and drains back in. having a bunch of unaerated salts sitting in your tubes might swing your ph or clog.

D

dude619

Will be running an external jet pump so that’s not really an option. Draining the water does sound optimal but a lot of people do it this way. I will defenitly be inspecting the feedings for phand temp issues.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Do a search for Airwalker (there's a number at the end of his UN). He's on RIU and has put together a killler system. It could give you some ideas

As to DTW, it's really not necessary, except possibly during late flower, when the girls are dumping a lot of crap into the roots, which of course are entering your rez

Top Bottom