Pure noob questions

• Thread starter Hightechredneck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hightechredneck

Hightechredneck

Hello all. We received about 10 seeds we were told were female.
you guessed it, they were random. Been growing outside since April. They are about 6ft tall now.
it’s hard to find definitive info on plant sex. At least for my dumb ass to fully understand. Already chopped one down, before I keep reaping, I wanted to be sure these males are males.
here are some recent pics. Should I be looking near the end or at the stems?
thanks

Pure noob questions
Pure noob questions 2
Pure noob questions 3
Pure noob questions 4
Pure noob questions 5
Pure noob questions 6
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Yeah, you have a couple males in there. Look for the 2 white hair like things in the shape of a "V" This is the female pistil and if you see that, it is a female. That isn't to say you can't have a female that grows male flowers, but that is a different story. The white hairs are often in the plant's joints and junctions as well as the growing shoots. Sometimes new growth can look like the white hairs, which is why I look in the junctions of the branches and stems. Some strains will show pistils during vegging as well.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Pic 1 and 3 are female do you not see the pistols? (Hairs) what you have is both male and female plants, look at the nodes see the white hairs? Those are female, the ones that dont have hairs or pistols at the nodes are male or hermies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom