Purple/black buds, phenotype, lockout or health issue?

• Thread starter TomH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TomH

TomH

This plant has had a nightmare existence.

The seed popped up on June 15, 2022.

It was documented to be Pineapple Express auto flower. It is growing in FFOF soil, getting Humboldt secrets nutes.

It has has leaves which arewhite on one or more fingers, but only on one side of the plant.

Early in life, it turned ghostly white. It's getting the exact same nutes as everything else, and was the only one so affected. I added a couple foliar feeds with ff big bud at the recommended amount. It greened up rapidly.

I went to spend a few days with my girlfriend, return to find it is in full purple/black bud. It only had a couple preflowers when I left. It's showing tricomes already. It's at the end of week 1
Purpleblack buds phenotype lockout or health issue
Purpleblack buds phenotype lockout or health issue 2

TomH

TomH

Sorry, second pic is wrong for this issue.
I'll add more of the actual plant shortly.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Looks like it’s trying to finish flowering. I’ll wait for the pros to chime in, but could be a lockout causing the plant to not suck up nutrients or you could be under feeding.

Can you give us more details on your feeding schedule, ph of water and soil etc.?

TomH

TomH

Here is a sequence of pics of different buds.
The entire plant is severely dwarfed, only about 16 inches high.
It took way too long to get into flower to have been the documented type (tangerine dream auto), not that I was sent an incorrect seed, it might be a doc error on my part.
I don't know if it's healthy or ?? but that color is pretty dark.

20220830 083900
20220830 083906
20220830 083910
20220830 083914
20220830 083920
20220830 083926
20220830 083930
20220830 083935
TomH

TomH

Looks like it’s trying to finish flowering. I’ll wait for the pros to chime in, but could be a lockout causing the plant to not suck up nutrients or you could be under feeding.

Can you give us more details on your feeding schedule, ph of water and soil etc.?
I am feeding 2 out of every 3 waterings.
Tap water (8.5+ ph out of the tap, 47 PPM), I use Silica (potassium silicate), Cal-mag, and myco nutes in with the Humbolt Secrets.
I use PH up because once I add all the nutes, PH has dropped into the 4.5 to 5 range, I raise it to 6.5.
Soil, as I said is FF ocean forest.
I do lay down a layer of finely crushed neem powder on the soil to keep the bugs away.

I'm in the SF Bay Area, pleasant weather almost always, breezy, mid 70s high during the day 40 - 50% RH.
Nights drop into the low 50s, RH skyrockets.

The Humbolt secrets is a 2 part blend (A and B), that get increased as the veg turns to flower.

I did that, moving from 5ml/g to 9ml/g and finally 14 ml/g. All the other plants are happy with it and relatively green buds.

I do have one VERY purple Northern Lights growing indoors that is puzzling my too, but that's a different issue.

TomH

TomH

As robust as those buds look, I only found preflowers on that plant on 8/15, and it seemed to flounder for a while.
All those buds and the color showed up in the week I was gone.

josefrahl

josefrahl

Looks like pheno to me. The purples I've grown have had the same pattern of purp with the trichomes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom