Purple Haze ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œโ˜ฎ๏ธ (UNITY) LOVE, RESPECT AND UNDERSTANDING

• Thread starter SunshineSupergirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

70 Day Quickie Photo. ๐Ÿ’š

I do believe it's time to do some trimming on the big plant.

Tonight is another fertilizing night and I'm increasing the fertilizer to half strength versus a quarter strength.

Really impressed with this one girl and she's got the capacity to be a huge plant.

Going to try to keep her in veg mode as long as possible. โ˜ฎ๏ธ
I wouldn't trim anything just yet, there's not much there she can afford to lose at the moment. If you tie her top to one side and slowly bend the main stem over over a few days, all the lower branches will start to grow upward and eventually you'll have a bunch of branches of the same size that will turn into tops. I always do this when they are young so the lower branches can catch up with the top. Here's a couple pics, one is a couple weeks before the other, you can see how bending made her branches grow up toward the light resulting in a bushy canopy that will have more tops and less useless popcorn bud. They just went in the ground and I will train them further in a couple days after they settle in... gotta update my grow diary soon too!
20220509 103552
20220511 090923

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

I wouldn't trim anything just yet, there's not much there she can afford to lose at the moment. If you tie her top to one side and slowly bend the main stem over over a few days, all the lower branches will start to grow upward and eventually you'll have a bunch of branches of the same size that will turn into tops. I always do this when they are young so the lower branches can catch up with the top. Here's a couple pics, one is a couple weeks before the other, you can see how bending made her branches grow up toward the light resulting in a bushy canopy that will have more tops and less useless popcorn bud. They just went in the ground and I will train them further in a couple days after they settle in... gotta update my grow diary soon too!
View attachment 1246278View attachment 1246279
How do you know where to bend the main stem, the branches?

I've seen video guides but they are difficult to tell what's going on.

TSD

TSD

How do you know where to bend the main stem, the branches?

I've seen video guides but they are difficult to tell what's going on.
I just put it on the main stem somewhere in the middle where it's strong and slowly bend her down over a few days by shorteningthe wire and eventually moving it up or adding more wires. You can see in that pic I have a canning jar ring hanging from her top to weigh it down more cause she got too tall and far from the rim of the pot... There's no wrong way to LST really, you just have to keep adjusting as they grow. Just don't pull too far over at first or you risk uprooting or snapping her. I always do my LST after they've had a drink and are a little more pliable.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

I just put it on the main stem somewhere in the middle where it's strong and slowly bend her down over a few days by shorteningthe wire and eventually moving it up or adding more wires. You can see in that pic I have a canning jar ring hanging from her top to weigh it down more cause she got too tall and far from the rim of the pot... There's no wrong way to LST really, you just have to keep adjusting as they grow. Just don't pull too far over at first or you risk uprooting or snapping her. I always do my LST after they've had a drink and are a little more pliable.
Well I'm currently going for a tall plant so maybe LST really isn't something I should do for this particular grow.?

I just feel very uneasy about doing it right now I mean I don't want to do anything to risk damaging her since she just got off her feet and rebounded.

I think I'm just going to defoliate some tiny leaves that are at the bottom that aren't going to produce any buds and then I'll just let it grow a little longer and see what happens and see how big she gets first before I consider doing any LST or anything like that. โ˜ฎ๏ธ

C

Christos1974

Day 30 Update...
My plants are struggling to hold on, while I continue the process of recovery.

At this stage I'm applying kelp and micronutrients, vitamins and root hormones in VERY small amounts.

I have a product that's designed to help in the aid of recovery when making a mistake.

I'm also am pHing my water to 6.35
Making sure my humidity levels are between 60 and 70% as these are technically still seedlings after 30 days.

The good news is there are signs of life.

I do believe that these plants can be saved.

I don't want to give up on my purple babies.

You see, my plan is to give away a lot of this marijuana once these all mature into adult plants.

I believe that purple is the color of unity and spirit and royalty and I want people to be able to experience a moment of Peace in their life during such a hard time as this.

I'll save some for myself to smoke and to make some edibles but I hope to be able to give a lot of this away because there aren't enough people giving free weed to those in need.

No I don't, have a proper grow room and I have very limited space but I'm going to work with what I got.

So well I've done now is I've also increased the microbe population.
I have made my soil healthier and more attractive to the beneficial fungi and bacteria better in my soil as well as more appropriate balanced conditions.

I believe they will make it. ๐Ÿ›View attachment 1233921View attachment 1233922View attachment 1233923
Hello. I admire all of the work you put into the super window, that's great. However, in the future use,a seed starter soil or use a very light dose of seedling solution and do not add other nutrients until the 2nd or 3rd week, keep the lught at about 15-20% for seedlings and after the third week up the light to around 40-50% power for vegging, take it slow and you should be fine. Good luck with the grow my friend.

HighRootz

HighRootz

Bend the plant gently in half and tie her down, she will grow up towards the light. The main goal of LST is to gently bend the plant so she grows an even canopy, breaks the asymmetrical growth and let's light penetrate the lower branches. When new growth starts to get taller than others, just tie her down so he stays even.

Heywood

Heywood

Sunshine - This video is totally worth watching. He's one of the best in the business and explains very well what and why he does what he is doing to this plant.

I am not suggesting doing any of this to your plant(s) at this point, but this is great knowledge that he is sharing that you can use when your plants get to a point to be properly pruned and supercropped if you so desire.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Sunshine - This video is totally worth watching. He's one of the best in the business and explains very well what and why he does what he is doing to this plant.

I am not suggesting doing any of this to your plant(s) at this point, but this is great knowledge that he is sharing that you can use when your plants get to a point to be properly pruned and supercropped if you so desire.

I love Kyle Kushman.

Crack, crack, crack, crack. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ’š

GYOweed

GYOweed

He's right unless u want clones or have a ton of space outdoors. Looking at the macro view he simulates the final after stretch space and par value to the colas if u dont want larf. The only issue with that hst is they break when u breath on them later unleas u support them all well...

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Day 74 ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

So my strongest girl who I have put in the middle is taking off like a rocket!

A really strong stem and good leaves except for a little bit of concern on two of the leaves which has a little bit of orange spots, which could be a rust fungus or maybe too many nutrients or a deficiency in Cal/mag.

So I treated the plant with some potassium soap to see if that helps and if that doesn't help then I will treat it with the bacterial fungicide that I have.

Otherwise it looks really healthy and each day I see a whole bunch of new growth.

My other two plants have not really grown and they are staying the same size and definitely still that rich deep green color.

I guess both of those have decided to switch to flower.

The one that was trying to decide whether or not she wanted to flower or not all of a sudden has apparently some pods? I'm not sure if this one has hermaphrodite or not but it kind of looks like it?

Enclosed are the latest pics.
First pics are the biggest, healthiest gal.

Then, the gal who might be herming?

Followed by the wee lass who's staying in flower mode.

IMG 20220522 175946
IMG 20220522 175644
IMG 20220522 175634
IMG 20220522 175640
IMG 20220522 175942
IMG 20220522 175927
IMG 20220522 175930
IMG 20220522 175658
IMG 20220522 175840
IMG 20220522 175812
SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

these are female preflowers you can recognize these by the 2 "hairs" protruding from their ends... some strains show these
Ahh ok, yes I saw hairs on the others, but all those pods I guess are going to be bud sites?

This particular girl isn't getting any taller either, she's going into flower as well.

I guess I'll have some little nugs to test and smoke soon lol.

I'll need to watch those closely.

My trichomes haven't turned Amber yet on the other flower girl, but it's early still, it's not done making a bud, I see a small nug on top so far.

It's really hard to know for sure why they developed differently.

I'm thinking about LST now for the middle plant so will be needing advice soon for that. โ˜ฎ๏ธ

Wieczorekfloorz

Wieczorekfloorz

From what I see your off to a great start ;)
I wasn't either at first. Was 7 year ripping running heroin addict. This and my kids are my therapy. I'm self taught your doing well. Keep it up. If you change your mind I run free testers for new customers/growers need people to help me grow and develope these strains and better then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom