Purple Haze ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œโ˜ฎ๏ธ (UNITY) LOVE, RESPECT AND UNDERSTANDING

• Thread starter SunshineSupergirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Realistically sheโ€™ll be lucky to fit one plant in that space. So a $20 Dark Heart will be cheaper than shipping.
No, I have height, I'm going to lolipop my plants... They can get as tall as 5 feet. There's space, trust me. ๐Ÿ˜‡

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

I have a Maroon Baboon teenager in a 1 gallon pot for you. Instead of 3 3G pots, can you find one container that'll fit in your space and hold 10+ gallons? If so you can flip 1 week after transplant and scrog to fill your space. Purple love by June/July to share with others
Peace
No, I'd rather stick with 3 "3 gallon pots for the window, but thank you.๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ™โ˜ฎ๏ธ

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Tons of places to get clones in your area. But wait until the end of May if your using natural light as the clones will flip into flower if you buy them now.
I'm using a full spectrum grow light.๐Ÿค—

mancorn

mancorn

No, I have height, I'm going to lolipop my plants... They can get as tall as 5 feet. There's space, trust me. ๐Ÿ˜‡
How wide is your window? Iโ€™d guess maybe 32โ€? Trust me, itโ€™ll be a tight fit for 3 plants

Also it looks like your window bay isnโ€™t light proofed to the outdoors. Does sun (or street lights) come through your window? Whatโ€™s the flowering plan?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Growers choice corporate headquarters is in Spain. Iโ€™ve dealt with them. Sent my dough to Sacramento. Have a feeling thatโ€™s where they fill orders from. Looks like they have a brick and mortar in Eureka but not sure what goes on there.First year seemed OK. Last year was a cluster fuck! Their reviews suck, looks like just another oversized corporate seed bank to me. There are a lot better choices.

TSD

TSD

How wide is your window? Iโ€™d guess maybe 32โ€? Trust me, itโ€™ll be a tight fit for 3 plants

Also it looks like your window bay isnโ€™t light proofed to the outdoors. Does sun (or street lights) come through your window? Whatโ€™s the flowering plan?
I think she might be underestimating how wide and bushy they get I think two would be max in that space... and outside light is definitely a concern. @SunshineSupergirl they really need complete darkness at lights out or you can confuse them, cause them to herm, or go into flower prematurely.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
she needs automatiks for sure, you cant close it 100% this easy and later in flower air exchange is also important

TSD

TSD

she needs automatiks for sure, you cant close it 100% this easy and later in flower air exchange is also important
Normally I'd say autos are harder for beginners, but with that set up and space limitation, you might be right... they'll just plug along in thier own time-line regardless of light issues, and they'll stay smaller than photos.

LivingBlackSoil

LivingBlackSoil

You are growing flowers. Is there a reason you wanna do 3? If growing organic 3g will be challenging. From what I've read people are giving great advice. Happy harvests!

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Normally I'd say autos are harder for beginners, but with that set up and space limitation, you might be right... they'll just plug along in thier own time-line regardless of light issues, and they'll stay smaller than photos.
yeah bro the hope is she gets the hang of it after the first harvest and buys a proper setup ;)

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

There's like literally no sunlight that comes in here... I get 30 minutes of direct sunlight only... I'm in this little alleyway with a bunch of buildings surrounding.

The width of my window is actually 42 inches.

I have a few aluminum Auto shades that I can put up when it's time to reach the flowering stage to completely give them darkness but honestly there really isn't much light here... Which is why I had to get the grow lights.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Growers choice corporate headquarters is in Spain. Iโ€™ve dealt with them. Sent my dough to Sacramento. Have a feeling thatโ€™s where they fill orders from. Looks like they have a brick and mortar in Eureka but not sure what goes on there.First year seemed OK. Last year was a cluster fuck! Their reviews suck, looks like just another oversized corporate seed bank to me. There are a lot better choices.
Honestly there weren't that many choices when it comes to just buying three seeds.

And it only took a week to get my seeds.

I was looking at a few other places but I decided to go with them.

They have a couple of offices in California actually.

But the seeds germinated just fine, I was the one that caused the problem.
๐Ÿ˜“

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

I think she might be underestimating how wide and bushy they get I think two would be max in that space... and outside light is definitely a concern. @SunshineSupergirl they really need complete darkness at lights out or you can confuse them, cause them to herm, or go into flower prematurely.
I know and I'm prepared for total darkness.. as I was saying earlier this window does not get hardly any light.

I have a way to block out the light that does come in.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Actually I am going to do autoflowers but I'm going to go for some short ones that I can grow in the space above the cupboards.

Was looking to grow some real tiny ones like less than two feet. There's enough space up above for six plants.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

You are growing flowers. Is there a reason you wanna do 3? If growing organic 3g will be challenging. From what I've read people are giving great advice. Happy harvests!
Yeah there's a reason.
1. Love (First Plant)
2. Respect (Second Plant)
3. Understanding (Third Plant)

3 Plants represents the three points of unity.๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œโ˜ฎ๏ธ

Also honestly I thought that 3 gallons would be the good perfect size for the window and those three gallon pots just fit in the window.

I can't get anything bigger in the window anyway... Unless I went for like a real TALL Pot.

But you see I converted these plastic pots into a makeshift do-it-yourself airpot/fabric pot.

It has all kinds of airflow so honestly really the problem was me being a complete doofus and putting bottled water on the plants not realizing how much that would actually cook them.

My heart sunk the day after because I could see right away that it was a mistake.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

yeah bro the hope is she gets the hang of it after the first harvest and buys a proper setup ;)
Well with limited space I have right now this is going to be the setup.

That's what's proper for me right now.๐Ÿ˜‡

I would like to get a grow tent but I just don't have enough space with what my recording studio and my bed and my closet and my everything in this small little studio apartment that doesn't even have a closet.

I'm eventually going to be growing other things on the other side of the window because the grow light is strong enough to provide energy for some wild flowers and some strawberries most likely on the other side.

Buuuuttt... I hear you about actually having a grow tent. โ˜ฎ๏ธ

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Yeah I really also am looking forward to the challenge.

I'm going to examine my soil and measure all the ph and nutrients and see where I'm at again before I consider replanting seeds.

But I have seed starting mix that I can put the seeds in to germinate. โ˜ฎ๏ธ

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Sunshine, in my opinion you need to pick a good/ complete soilmix and then only feed tapwater, in small pots.
Once the plants outgrows these you pot up - the size of the pot can limit the plants growth somewhat as it's the soil from where the roots derive their nutrients.
Also topping for a single time early (3 weeks in) to get more even colas and not a single cola growing into your lamp.
And later good ventilation will be mandatory.
Hope this helps

Hazyflavors

Hazyflavors

I would cut all nutes,especially if your soil is spot on with what you say. Less is more with tender little seedlings. Lemon juice was early but I get the acidic aspect since you hit them with a 7.2. That ph wasn't terrible and would not cause this. Looks like too much light, Temps too high, I'd go around 67fday/72fnight should help microbial growth and control internidal pacing also. Should help. I'd also just use r/o water PhD to 6.0-6.3. Use ph-up/down. But definitely to much nitrogen in soil. Hope and prayers are with you and your "ladies".
Love the grow set up. Stellar job. Gonna put out some nice nuggets. Happy growing!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom